Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Soothe your soul with this wholesome and delicious Chicken Pot Pie Soup recipe. It’s a comforting meal that will keep your stomach full and satisfied.
Are you a soup lover? If you’re always looking for a new soup to try making at home, this Chicken Pot Pie Soup recipe is a fantastic option.
It has a delicious creamy base and is loaded with ingredients that are genuinely good for you, including fresh chicken cut into bite-sized pieces, carrots, celery, and more. It’s perfect to serve as an appetizer, lunch, or dinner.
What Is Chicken Pot Pie?
Chicken pot pie is a type of dish that consists of chicken and vegetables in a creamy broth with a crisp pie-like crust around it. It’s basically a savory version of a traditional pie.
If you’ve had it before, you know how good it can taste! The Chicken Pot Pie Soup will remind you of your favorite pot pie, but in the form of a soup that you can eat from a bowl with a spoon in hand.
Some people like to eat this soup as an appetizer before a heavier meal, but you can have this soup as your meal because it’s hearty and fulfilling.
Why You Should Make Chicken Pot Pie Soup
If you haven’t tried this incredible soup yet, what are you waiting for? These are some of the best reasons to prepare the homemade Chicken Pot Pie Soup from scratch:
–It contains ingredients that are easy to find, including boneless chicken breast, chicken stock, flour, celery, and more.
–It’s a healthy and hearty meal consisting of ingredients that are an excellent source of protein, vitamins, and nutrients.
–You can serve it as it is or with a side of French bread, crackers, croutons, or anything else that you’d like to add to your soup.
Easy Chicken Pot Pie Soup
This amazing and flavorful chicken pot pie soup is perfect for cold evenings. It brings all of your favorite chicken pot pie flavor in a bowl!
- • 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- • 1.5 pounds pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts – cut into bite size pieces
- • Salt and Pepper to taste
- • 1 onion, diced
- • 3 carrots, diced
- • 3 celery ribs, diced
- • 3 cloves garlic, minced
- • 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- • 5 tablespoons flour
- • 1/3 cup dry white wine
- • 4 cups chicken stock
- • 1 bay leaf
- • 1 cup fresh green beans – cut into bite size pieces
- • 3/4 cup heavy cream
- • 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- • 1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar (or you may substitute red wine vinegar)
- Melt 1-tablespoon butter in a large pot over medium high heat. Add chicken to the pot, cooking about 2-3 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and golden brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium; adding remaining 4 tablespoons butter. Add in chopped onion, celery and carrots. Cook, vegetables until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stirring often.
- Add in poultry seasoning and garlic allowing to cook about 1 minute, then whisk in flour cooking an extra minute.
- Add wine to the pot, allowing the bottom to deglaze and scrape any browned bits off the bottom of the pot.
- Pour in chicken stock and add the bay leaf. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer for about 12 minutes.
- Add in cut green beans, and heavy cream; simmer until green beans are softened and soup has thickened. About 5 minutes
- Stir in vinegar and parsley; season with salt and pepper as needed.
Amount Per Serving Calories 493Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 160mgSodium 406mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 2gSugar 6gProtein 42g
Pin it for later!
If you liked this fun recipe be sure to check out these too:
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup with Spice Chipotle Crema
The Most Amazing Roasted Pumpkin Soup Ever
Easy and Delicious Instant Pot Taco Soup
Delicious and Creamy Kale Tortellini Soup
Must Try Slow Cooker Fall Soups
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!