If you are looking for a yummy dessert be sure to check out this butter pecan cheesecake! A great dessert for a dinner party or anytime.
What are the most popular types of cheesecake?
There are many types of cheesecake, but some of the most popular include: New York-style cheesecake, strawberry cheesecake, and pumpkin cheesecake. Other less common flavors include: chocolate, lime, blueberry, and cherry.
Butter pecan cheesecake is so good! Rich and creamy, it’s the perfect indulgent dessert for a special occasion or just because.
If you haven’t tried this decadent treat yet, I highly recommend giving it a try! Whether you’re a cheesecake lover or new to the world of unique cheesecakes, this recipe is sure to be a hit with your friends and family.
Where did the butter pecan flavor come from?
The butter pecan flavor is derived from the combination of butter and pecans, which are two key ingredients in this dessert.
The pecans add a nutty flavor and texture to the cheesecake, while the butter adds richness and depth of flavor. Combined, these two flavors create a delicious and unique dessert that is sure to please.
Where can I serve this butterscotch cheesecake?
Butter pecan cheesecake would be a great dessert for any occasion, such as a dinner party, birthday celebration, or holiday gathering. It’s also the perfect treat to enjoy on your own or with family and friends.
So if you’re looking for an indulgent and delicious dessert that everyone is sure to love, be sure to try this butter pecan cheesecake! It’s sure to be a hit with your taste buds. 🙂
What ingredients do you need for this butter pecan dessert?
24 Pecan Sandies Shortbread Cookies (Keebler)-crushed
4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
2 tbsp granulated sugar
32 oz (4 blocks) cream cheese, room temperature
½ cup light brown sugar, packed
1 cup granulated sugar
4 eggs, brought to room temperature
1/3 cup sour cream
1 tbsp vanilla extra or vanilla bean paste
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp all purpose flour
4 tbsp unsalted butter
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
½ cup heavy cream
1 tbsp dark brown corn syrup
2 tsp vanilla extract
1.5-2 cups chopped or halved pecans
What are some other fun cheesecake recipes to try?
- Easy Churro Cheesecake
- Easy Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Shots
- Easy Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake Recipe
The Most Decadent Butter Pecan Cheesecake Recipe
This decadent butter pecan cheesecake recipe is so great for dessert!
- 24 Pecan Sandies Shortbread Cookies (Keebler)-crushed
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 32 oz (4 blocks) cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs, brought to room temperature
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla extra or vanilla bean paste
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp dark brown corn syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5-2 cups chopped or halved pecans
- Preheat the oven to 325F
- Place eggs in a bowl of warm water to bring to room temp, set aside for 5-7 mins
- Crush the pecan cookies and mix with melted butter and granulated sugar. Press down into a 9inch spring form pan. Bake for 10 mins. Set aside
- Turn the oven up to 350F
- Mix cream cheese blocks to break them up with a hand or stand mixer.
- Add in both sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each, scrape down the bowl and add the vanilla
- Add in salt, sour cream and flour, mixing until just combined
- Pour batter into springform pan and place inside of a larger pan for the water bath
- Pour warm/hot water into the larger pan coming up about 1-2 inches on the side of the springform pan
- Bake for 75 mins. Open the oven doors but leave the cheesecake or carefully remove and allow to cool to room temp for one hour.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 6 hours (or overnight)
- Prepare the topping (at least an 1.5-2 hrs before serving)
- In a small sauce pan combined 4 tbsp unsalted butter, brown sugar, heavy cream, dark brown corn syrup, vanilla extract and chopped or halved pecans. Bring mixture to a boil, making sure all of the sugar has melted. Set aside and allow to cool before pouring over the top of the cheesecake
The water bath helps prevent cracks in the cheesecake.
It’s best to boil the water for the water bath prior to it going into the oven.
I used a 9 inch springform pan inside of a 15*11 inch pan
Amount Per Serving Calories 1392Total Fat 102gSaturated Fat 40gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 53gCholesterol 262mgSodium 1098mgCarbohydrates 89gFiber 5gSugar 63gProtein 36g
Pin it for later!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to check out my Instagram Page for the latest posts!
Before you go, check out these great posts!
Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
The Most Amazing White Chocolate Cranberry Cheesecake
Easy Pumpkin Vanilla Cheesecake Mini Trifles
Easy No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake
Oreo Cheesecake Chocolate Cake
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!