What do you do when you have a craving for something particular but don’t quite have all of the ingredients? Do you sit and cry like I do? Or, do you improvise? Today I’ve got a 5 ingredients banana bread recipe that will have you baking this classic treat in no time!
Banana Bread Craze
One of the weirdest trends to come out of this lockdown–don’t get me started on toilet paper hoarding or any of the many many more weird trends–is the mass baking of banana bread.
Sourdough bread is a close second but banana bread is a clear winner here! I even saw one of my Facebook friends make 7 banana breads all at once…I mean we all love it but that much? hmm.
This easy banana bread recipe is made with simple ingredients such as mashed bananas and it’s a quick bread you can make first thing in the morning. If you have some brown bananas hanging around let’s get a prepared loaf pan ready for a quick breakfast!
This banana bread recipe makes an entire loaf and you can turn these into banana bread muffins or mini muffins if you like! This 5-ingredient banana bread uses basic ingredients and uses overripe bananas. The perfect snack to satisfy your sweet tooth!
Related: Easy and Yummy Cranberry Walnut Zucchini Bread
I get it too, I have personally had these kids request bananas only to find them in the corner overripe and abandoned. Apparently you can freeze them, but I’m not even sure if I had the energy to do all of that to be honest.
What I love about a good banana bread is that it’s a fun way to sneak healthy foods into the kids daily diet.
What I love most about this recipe is that with a little bit of cooking magic, you can make easy banana bread with half the ingredients. This innovative recipe calls for banana mash, eggs, one box of vanilla cake mix, butter OR oil and a teaspoon of baking soda.
You won’t need any pumpkin seeds, old fashioned oats, peanut butter or melted coconut oil. You can feel free to add dark chocolate chips if you want!
This is one of the best banana bread recipes! There is a natural sweetness in this loaf of banana bread and it’s an easy way to make dessert. You won’t need any leavening agents just a basic hand mixer–no food processor needed. The minimal ingredients makes this the kind of recipe you can make anytime, anywhere!
Some folks use almond milk, agave syrup or even coconut sugar but you won’t need any of these wet ingredients or dry ingredients. If you have some extra banana hanging around grab your loaf tin and save the leftovers next time in an airtight container.
That’s it! Easy Peasy. This is even a super easy recipe for those that might not consider themselves good bakers. This recipe is hard to mess up!
If you are looking for a super simple banana bread recipe this is it! Enjoy!
Easy 5 Ingredient Banana Bread Recipe
A super easy 5 ingredient banana bread recipe that you will love! All you need is eggs, oil, baking powder, bananas and cake mix!
- 1.5 cups banana mash (about 3 medium) or 9.6 oz
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter or oil (if using butter measure after melting)
- on 16.25 oz box of vanilla cake mix
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350F, generously butter a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas the mix in the eggs and the melted butter or oil. In a large bowl pour mix the cake mix and the baking soda.
- Pour half of the mashed banana into the cake mix then use a hand mixer to mix for a few minutes, then pour in the remaining of the mashed banana mix and mix until you have a batter that’s thoroughly combined and has a bit of air and fluffiness to it.
- Pour the batter into the buttered pan then place in center of the oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until you can insert a butter knife or long toothpick into the center of the bread and it comes out clean.
- Keep an eye on it around the 30 minutes because everyone’s ovens is different, insert the knife to check and after every 5 minutes check again until it comes clean. My oven took about 38 minutes.
- Once baked through set on a rack to cool completely before cutting into.
- Enjoy with a butter and honey for a great treat.
Amount Per Serving Calories 211Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 39mgSodium 419mgCarbohydrates 37gFiber 1gSugar 19gProtein 3g
PIN IT FOR LATER!
Thanks for visiting! If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to hang out with us over on Instagram!
If you enjoyed this banana bread be sure to check these out too!
Slow Cooker Bananas Foster For Dessert Tonight
Authentic Starbucks Banana Bread Recipe With Walnuts
Copycat Chrissy Tiegen Banana Bread Muffins
Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Bread Loaf
Easy Homemade Tiramisu – Simple No Bake Method
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!