10 Beginner Strength Training Arm Exercises
Today we are continuing with the best exercises for each part of the body. Last we we focused on how to get stronger legs and this week we are focusing on how to get strong arms with 10 strength training exercises!
I was chatting with a friend about health and fitness, she confessed to me that sometimes she walks into a gym and she is so overwhelmed by all the options that she gets on the elliptical for 30 minutes and calls it a day. What?! It’s true, the options CAN be super overwhelming, but there are some simple and effective workouts that you can do at the gym AND at home that can get you strong arms!
Why have strong toned arms?
Let’s be honest, they LOOK great! But more than that, strong arms are great for when you need to lift things–like children or heavy boxes–and it is one of the most satifying feelings to know that you can do so without anyone’s help. Plus, I strongly believe that all parts of the body should be strengthed equally. The stronger the better!
Here are 10 manageable exercises you can do do get strong toned arms. As usual start with a light weight that feels manageable then graduate from there!
1) Tricep Dips: You can do this one anywhere!
2) Upright Rows: Great use of the barbells at the gym!
3) Bicep Curls
4) Reverse Flys
5) Push Ups
6) Bent Over Row – One of my favorites!
7) Dumbbell Tricep Extensions
8) Hammer Curls
9) Arm Raises
10) Overhead Shoulder Press – Somehow I feel really strong when I do these!
If you enjoyed these you might want to check out:
- 10 Strength Training Exercises For Strong Legs
- 7 Beginner Strength Training Workouts
- Top 10 Fitness Channels On YouTube