As a Protein Fight Club Ambassador for Milk Mustache, I have been compensated for this post. My opinions(and stories!) are all my own.
When I was pregnant, my eating habits were like night and day with my two pregnancies.
The first one was pretty typical, and I probably took too much advantage of eating what I wanted. (I know better now!)
The second one was drastically different–I didn’t want to eat anything. I would eat only because my baby needed to eat, but it was not fun. All the things that I loved I now hated because of the constant nausea. Morning sickness lasted for 10 months, and it was so hard to explain to people that no…really. I’m NOT hungry. (Because obviously every pregnant woman is ravenous *end sarcasm*)
One thing that I DID do during both pregnancies, is drink milk. I was under some serious pressure from my mom, she would constantly text me and ask me if I drank my milk today or if I needed milk in the house. When I went by her house to visit she’d serve me up with a glass of milk. “I want my grandbaby to have strong bones!!” It was always all about the grand babies.
What I didn’t know back then was that Milk was providing me 8 grams of quality protein! As a Milk Mustache Ambassador for the protein fight club I am going to be sharing with you some awesome facts about how nutritious having a glass of milk in the morning is. I think every New Yorker can relate to this infographic (I think it is quite hilarious too!).
Some facts about Milk:
- An 8 oz. glass of milk has 8 g. of high-quality protein.
- Not all protein sources are created equal. Milk protein is a high-quality protein.
- Milk provides more protein than an egg.
- Protein at breakfast can help power you through the morning so you can win the day.
- Whether in a glass, cup or bowl, milk helps power up your morning meal.
- Spreading out your protein throughout the day can optimize how your body uses it – and that means making sure you include enough protein at breakfast.
- Experts recommend 20-30 grams of protein at each meal.
- Milk is a breakfast powerhouse, packed with 9 essential nutrients in each glass.
- It’s a natural source of high-quality protein to build muscle, calcium and vitamin D to strengthen bones and B vitamins for energy.
- Milk is a delicious, easy and affordable way to get high-quality protein in the morning.
- Other breakfast options simply can’t match the power of milk
You can take the Protein Fight Club pledge by sharing the following image to you social media and following the protein fight club on the following social networks:
- Website – GotMilkGotProtein.com
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MilkMustacheCampaign
- Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/MilkMustache
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/MilkMustache
- Pinterest – http://pinterest.com/mymilkmustache/
- Instagram – http://instagram.com/milkmustache
Did you eat or drink anything odd consistently during your pregnancy? For my non Milk drinkers, where do you get your protein in the morning?