This easy pasta salad recipe is super fun to make for parties! Made a with super flavorful Italian dressing, herbs, seasonings and fresh vegetables.
Pasta salad is one of my favorite side dishes of all time and this easy Italian pasta salad tops the list! It’s a great side to pretty much any main dish but seems to work really well with BBQ food!
This Italian pasta salad recipe requires that you cook pasta until al dente then dip it into cold water immediately. After that you place it in a large bowl to chill in the freezer. The cooking process is critical for this really good pasta salad.
What ingredients are in this pasta salad?
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the pasta salad:
1/4 medium red onion, finely chopped
8 ounces dried short pasta, such as rotini pasta (You can also use tri-color rotini)
8 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
1 small English cucumber, quartered lengthwise, then thinly sliced 4 ounces fresh mozzarella drained and chopped
coarsely chopped fresh parsley leaves, optional
For this recipe you will not need parmesan cheese, bell peppers, black olives or sour cream. With this classic pasta salad you will be using fresh herbs which is one of the best ways to create this perfect side dish.
I’ve eaten a lot of pasta salad in my day and my favorite thing about this great pasta salad is the creamy dressing. It’s a family favorite and I always whip up a batch of pasta salad whenever I can. It’s one of those easy recipes that you make again and again!
This homemade pasta salad is the type of pasta that your guests will rave about! Fresh ingredients and flavorful dressing give your taste buds such a treat! If you have left overs be sure to put it in an airtight container and store in the fridge. This is the best pasta salad to use for easy lunches the next day!
Enjoy! If you make it, be sure to tag me on Instagram when you share it!
A fantastic pasta salad recipe with fresh herbs, veggies and a yummy Italian Dressing.
- Pasta Salad
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- For the pasta salad:
- 1/4 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 8 ounces dried short pasta, such as rotini
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small English cucumber, quartered lengthwise, then thinly sliced 4 ounces fresh mozzarella drained and chopped
- coarsely chopped fresh parsley leaves, optional
- Mix up the dressing first and add the diced red onions to the dressing Cook the pasta for 12 min in boiling heavily salted water.
- After draining, dunk the strainer of pasta in an ice bath (equal parts ice and water in a large bowl) and get it cold fast!
- Mix and chill the salad for at least 30 minutes
Pasta salad keeps well in the fridge for about five days, so it can easily be made in advance.
Amount Per Serving Calories 247Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 10mgSodium 195mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 6g