If you are looking for an amazing pasta salad for your event, this amazing Deviled Egg Pasta Salad Recipe is perfect!
What is Deviled Egg Pasta Salad?
Deviled eggs are a classic party dish and this pasta salad recipe is a fun twist on the traditional appetizer.
The salad is made with rotini pasta, hard-boiled eggs, celery, red onion, dill pickles, and a mayonnaise-based dressing. It’s perfect for summer gatherings and potlucks! This is the best deviled egg pasta salad for a perfect side dish.
Where did the term deviled egg come from?
The term deviled egg can be traced back to the 18th century. The word “deviled” means to make something spicy or savory. This deviled egg macaroni salad is a yummy creamy pasta salad classic recipe that will be a huge hit with your family.
What type of pasta can you use for this pasta salad?
I used rotini pasta for this recipe, but you could also use elbow macaroni, shells, or any other type of small pasta.
What ingredients do you need for this deviled egg pasta salad?
16 ounces bow tie pasta, prepared
6 hard boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup dill pickles, finely chopped
Salt and pepper
Paprika for topping
You don’t need any sour cream, dijon mustard, green onions, black olives or greek yogurt.
Where can you serve this yummy pasta salad?
This salad is perfect for summer potlucks and picnics! It would also be great for a backyard barbecue or pool party.
How long will this pasta salad keep?
This salad can be made ahead of time and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
What are some other dishes you could serve with this pasta salad?
This pasta salad would be great with grilled chicken or sausage. It would also be delicious with a crusty loaf of bread and a green salad.
This easy recipe will be your new favorite deviled egg salad recipe. It has a yummy creamy dressing and it will become one of your favorite egg pasta recipes. Check out the full recipe and if you have any leftovers be sure to store in an airtight container.
What are some helpful tips for making deviled egg pasta salad?
1. Start with a base of good quality pasta, such as farfalle or penne, and cook it according to the package instructions.
2. Combine cooked pasta with chopped boiled eggs, mayonnaise, sweet relish and fresh herbs for added flavor.
3. Add diced vegetables such as celery and bell peppers for texture and flavor.
4. For a zesty kick, add Dijon mustard or hot sauce to the mayonnaise before mixing with the other ingredients.
5. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving to allow all of the flavors to blend together.
6. Finally, garnish with extra herbs, red pepper flakes and a sprinkle of shredded cheese before serving. Enjoy!
Enjoy your deviled egg pasta salad! It’s perfect for any occasion, and is sure to be a hit with family and friends alike. The combination of fresh ingredients makes this dish an irresistible treat.
Can you make this deviled egg pasta ahead of time?
Absolutely! The best part is that it can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for up to three days. This makes it great for meal prepping and planning ahead. Plus, you can always add more ingredients or make adjustments as desired.
If you are looking for some more amazing side dishes be sure to check out The Best Side Dishes That Will Make Your Meal Amazing!
This deviled egg recipe is so good for parties, bbqs and so much more. It's a great side dish!
- 16 ounces bow tie pasta, prepared
- 6 hard boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup dill pickles, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Paprika for topping
- In a large bowl, stir together the cooked pasta, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, and pickles. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the eggs and stir carefully until the salad is well mixed.
- Cover the bowl and chill for at least one hour before serving.
- When ready to serve, garish with paprika.
Amount Per Serving Calories 344Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 151mgSodium 410mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 8g
Pin it for later!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to check out my Instagram Page for the latest posts!
Before you go, check out these great posts!
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!