Looking for a super simple and easy side dish? I know I personally have been looking for easy recipes–the easier the better to be honest! Today I’ve got a simple and delicious BLT Pasta Salad that you likely already have all the ingredients for.
Lately I have had a love hate relationship with cooking. Some days I am eager to try new things or an old classic dish, other days I am over food and eating and anything associated with it! It’s been a wild ride, especially being on lockdown and not going out to restaurants nearly as often as we used to.
I particularly like this side dish for the meats that may not have any gravy. So this would be perfect on the side of fried chicken, BBQ chicken, flank steak and so much more. It is light and super easy to add to any dish. Plus the best part for me is that you don’t have to use the stove! It can be such a relief, especially in the summer to cook without fire.
What is BLT Pasta Salad?
BLT pasta salad is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that combines bacon, lettuce, and tomato with classic Italian pasta. The dish features cooked bacon, crunchy lettuce, juicy tomatoes, creamy mayonnaise, tangy vinegar and a variety of seasonings in addition to the cooked pasta.
This colorful and flavorful salad is perfect for picnics, parties or a light lunch or dinner. The best part is that it’s an incredibly versatile dish that can be made in countless different ways with the addition of different ingredients like olives, capers, various cheeses, and more. Plus, it’s quick and easy to make so you can have a delicious meal on the table in no time.
What ingredients do you need for this BLT Pasta Salad?
8 oz rotini pasta
3-4 cups chopped romaine lettuce or about 2 romaine hearts
1 pint grape tomatoes — cut in halves
1 ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 ½ cup bacon bits or pieces – not canned bacon bits
¾ cup mayo
¼ cup sour cream
1 Tbsp. milk
½ teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper — This is optional but gives it a nice little kick
The flavors, textures and colors of this BLT Pasta Salad come together to create a simple yet satisfying dish that everyone will love. Whether you’re looking for something new to bring to your next family gathering or something to make for a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
The ingredients for this simple salad require bacon, sour cream, mayo, lettuce, tomato, milk, rotini pasta, cheese and seasonings. It’s important to note that bacon bits should not be used for this recipe, you will need to cook a few pieces of bacon for the best flavor.
Why this recipe works?
The combination of bacon, lettuce, tomato, and pasta make a delicious salad that’s full of flavor. The mayonnaise adds creaminess and helps to bind all the ingredients together while the vinegar provides a nice tangy contrast.
Plus, you can easily customize this dish with different proteins, cheeses, dressings and seasonings to make it your own. It’s a great way to get creative in the kitchen and create a new dish that everyone will love.
I have used this recipe MANY times and with different types of pasta. My other alternate favorite pasta to use is bowtie, because let’s be honest it’s the prettiest type of pasta!
Tips for making BLT pasta salad:
– Use high quality ingredients. Good quality bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, mayonnaise, etc. will all help to enhance the flavor of this dish.
– If you’re short on time, use pre-cooked bacon and prepared mayonnaise to save time.
– Make sure that the pasta is cooked al dente so it doesn’t become mushy when it’s mixed with the other ingredients.
– Have fun with this recipe and add any other ingredients you like to make it your own.
– Serve the BLT pasta salad cold or at room temperature.
Included for you is a fantastic dressing that brings together all of the salad elements perfectly!
What are some more fun pasta salad recipes to try?
- The Best Deviled Egg Pasta Salad Recipe
- Super Easy Instant Pot Pasta Salad
- Tomato Cucumber Greek Pasta Salad Recipe
- The Best Italian Pasta Salad Recipe
Here is the recipe, enjoy!
If you are looking for more fun dinner recipes be sure to check out this comprehensive list! Easy and Tasty Dinner Ideas For The Whole Family
BLT Pasta Salad
This BLT Pasta includes all your favorites: Crunchy bacon, Crisp lettuce, tomatoes, pasta, shredded cheese and a delicious homemade dressing!
- 8 oz rotini pasta
- 3-4 cups chopped romaine lettuce or about 2 romaine hearts
- 1 pint grape tomatoes — cut in halves
- 1 ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cup bacon bits or pieces – not canned bacon bits
- Homemade Dressing:
- ¾ cup mayo
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper — This is optional but gives it a nice little kick
- Start with the dressing, by stirring together sour cream, mayo, milk, pepper, salt, garlic powder and crushed red pepper. Whisk until smooth and well mixed
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. When al-dente drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- To your pasta bowl add in chopped lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheese, bacon and your dressing.
- Toss all ingredients until they are well combined.
- Chill in the fridge if you like it cold like I do or you can serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 838Total Fat 61gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 40gCholesterol 68mgSodium 1476mgCarbohydrates 44gFiber 12gSugar 6gProtein 32g
Pin it for later!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to check out my Instagram Page for the latest posts!
Before you go, check out these great posts!
The Best Pasta Recipes For Weeknight Dinners
Easy and Tasty Dinner Ideas For The Whole Family
Super Easy Instant Pot Pasta Salad
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!