Looking for a fun and tasty treat you can make for the kids during shark week? Check out this fun Shark Frappuccino recipe!
Did you know that Shark Week has been a thing since 1988? I had no idea! I had only really heard about Shark Week because of crazy movies like Sharknado.
Apparently there is a learning reason behind Shark Week that teaches everyone about how to conserve them as well as how they live in the sea.
If you are planning a fun Shark Week Celebration you NEED this yummy Shark Frappuccino that everyone will enjoy!
I wasn’t always a Frappucino girl myself, I used to think that all fraps included coffee and since I am not a coffee drinker I never got one. A friend of my let me know that only SOME fraps have coffee and I’ve been off to the races ever since.
What is inside of this yummy Shark Week Frappuccino?
4 cups heavy whipping cream
1 – 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 small tub of white icing
2 drops light blue gel food coloring
4 tablespoons sugar
whipped topping for topping
1 cup frozen strawberries
1/3 cup water
10 shark gummies
This treat is so good! Now you can make the shark ice cream from scratch (don’t worry — no ice cream maker needed!) OR you can purchase blue sherbet ice cream to make things a bit easier. However you choose to make this, it’s a super fun and delicious treat!
This recipe is also great if you are planning an ocean or beach themed party. The blue color makes it super fun and the shark gummies are always a good addition!
Enjoy and if you love this recipe be sure to tag me on Instagram!
This is a super fun recipe that is perfect for Shark Week! Made with store bought or homemade ice cream, every one will love this blue treat!
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 - 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 small tub of white icing
- 2 drops light blue gel food coloring
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- whipped topping for topping
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/3 cup water
- 10 shark gummies
- For Shark Ice Cream:
- Place heavy whipping cream in a stand mixer with the whisk attachment. Add flavoring if you would like to like coconut extract. This can also be done with a hand blender with whisk attachment but will take much longer.
- Blend for 4 minutes on low speed and adjust speed going up to 6 as it thickens. Once it resembles whipped topping then it's ready.
- Fold in the can of sweetened condensed milk and 1 drop of light blue food coloring. Then pour half into a 9 inch square pan.
- Drop some of the white icing in different places into the light blue mix. Do not stir. Just drop it in and then top with more light blue and shark gummies. When if freezes and the ice cream is scooped the marbled effect will happen.
- Once the ice cream is all in the pan. Place in the freeze for at least 6 hours but best if froze overnight.
For Shark Frappuccino:
Blend frozen strawberries with 1/3 cup of water. Use this to ad a little to the sides of the cup as you pour in the frappuccino mixture.
In a blender, blend together 3 to 4 scoops of the shark ice cream and 1 cup ice. If the mixture is too thick you may add a little milk.
Pour some into the cup then add some strawberry puree. Then add more frappuccino. Top with whipped topping.
Mixture together 1 drop light blue food coloring and sugar. Use this top over the whipped topping.
You may use a blue sherbert and vanilla ice cream if you do not want to make the shark ice cream from scratch. You can also top with blue food dust if you don't want to make the sugar topping.
If you enjoyed this shark week Frappuccino be sure to check out these fun recipes!
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!