Do you make fun treats to celebrate shark week? I’ve got a fun one for you today! These Shark Week Sugar Cookies are fun to make and so tasty!
What is Shark Week?
Shark Week is a week long celebration of sharks that takes place every year in the United States. Sharks are an important part of the ocean’s ecosystem, and this week is dedicated to learning more about them and their role in the ocean!
There are all sorts of fun things to do during Shark Week, from watching documentaries to swimming with sharks! But one of my favorite things to do is make fun treats in honor of these amazing creatures. Today I’m going to show you how to make these delicious Shark Week Sugar Cookies!
When is Shark Week held every year?
Shark Week is always held in the summer, typically in late July or early August.
What ingredients do you need for these Shark Week Cookies?
For the cookies:
1 package Pillsbury refrigerated sugar cookie dough
¼ cup all purpose flour
4 cups powdered sugar
3 tablespoons meringue powder
8-12 tablespoons room temperature water
Gel food coloring
What tools do you need for these Sugar Cookies Perfect For Shark Week?
- Stand mixer
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Rolling Pin
- Baking sheet
- Wire rack
- Cookie Cutters
- Icing bottles
- Icing tips
Decorating these cookies for shark week is the best part! It’s so much fun to get creative with the icing and make each cookie unique.
Where can I serve these Shark Week Cookies?
This would be fun at a shark week watch party or even a underwater themed birthday party! They’d also be perfect for a baby shower or gender reveal party with a shark theme.
How long do these Shark Week Cookies last?
These cookies will last for about a week in an airtight container.
Do you have any other Shark Week recipes?
Yes! I have a few other recipes that would be perfect for Shark Week. Check out the links at the bottom of this post for more!
Shark Week Sugar Cookies
These super fun shark week sugar cookies are awesome and so fun to make with kids!
- For the cookies:
- 1 package Pillsbury refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- Royal Icing Recipe
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons meringue powder
- 8-12 tablespoons room temperature water
- Gel food coloring
- In a stand mixer combine sugar and meringue powder. Add 8 tablespoons of water, using the whisk attachment, beat for 1 minute on low. Continue to add water one tablespoon at a time until the icing slowly drizzles from the whisk when lifted.
- Once prepared - if the icing is too hard, add more water one drop at a time. Too runny, add more icing sugar one teaspoon at a time.
- Separate the icing into small mixing bowls and add desired food coloring. Mix well. Scoop the icing into piping bags or icing bottles.
- Line around the edge of the design with icing and fill the middle. Use a toothpick to poke bubbles or direct icing into holes.
- When the flooded area dries, add a red line between the grey and black icing. Pipe white teeth onto the black icing. Add black nostrils with a black edible marker.
- Allow each design area to dry before moving on. The icing should completely dry, at room temperature for at least four hours, before adding piping details to the top.
- Additional decorating tips:
- Polka Dots: before the flooded area dries, add dots of different colored icing.
- Zig zag design: before the flooded area dries, add stripes of different colored icing and then drag a toothpick through the stripes.
- Sprinkles: before the flooded area dries, add sprinkles.
- Plaid pattern: allow the flooded icing to dry. Add stripes of icing to the cookie, creating a plaid pattern.
- Candy: glue to the cookie with a drop of icing.
- Edible marker: before using on the icing, allow the icing to completely harden for at least four hours.
Amount Per Serving Calories 185Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 17mgCarbohydrates 44gFiber 0gSugar 41gProtein 1g
Pin it for later!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to check out my Instagram Page for the latest posts!
Before you go, check out these great posts!
Shark Frappucino Recipe Perfect For Shark Week
One Fish Two Fish Dr. Seuss Rice Krispy Treats
Super Easy and Fun Jello Legos Recipe
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!