This Red Velvet Christmas Wreath Cake is so good ad so fun to make for the holidays! The best part is that it is decorated like a green Christmas wreath.
I love Holiday baking. It is so much fun. I love coming up with fun and different baked goods to make. I was doing a little Christmas baking and decided that I wanted to do something festive and green for the holidays. Green is one of my favorite colors and it is also one of the traditional colors for Christmas. So, this Red Velvet Wreath Cake was born!
This is a fun recipe to make with the kids too, you can give them each a piping bag and put them to work. I love easy recipes that are fun to make with kids!
This can easily be the centerpiece at a holiday party. The decoration makes this cake super festive!
What ingredients do you need for this awesome Red Velvet Christmas Wreath Cake?
Red velvet mix
1 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
Vanilla or cream cheese frosting Non stick spray
Homemade Buttercream or store bought icing
Green Food Coloring
It’s a super fun cake that you can make quick and easy with some simple ingredients from the grocery store. You can make it even quicker by using a boxed cake mix! It’s a super fun way to say Happy Holidays. The wreath design will be hit at any holiday party.
Make sure you use the right piping tip to get the type of striping pattern that you need for this cake. The green buttercream really makes this cake pop. All you need are a few drops of green food coloring for the buttercream. It’s really a great festive cake and the perfect dessert to enjoy the holidays with.
This amazing Red Velvet Christmas Wreath Cake is great to make for the holidays and holiday parties.
- Red velvet mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Vanilla or cream cheese frosting Non stick spray
- Buttercream or store bought icing
- Green Food Coloring
- Christmas Sprinkles
- Spray cake pan with non stick spray and set aside Add cake mix, oil, water, eggs and vanilla to a bowl Mix until we’ll incorporated 3-4 min
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 mins
- Let cake cool completely. Cut off any excess cake with a serrated knife
- Release from cake pan, Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for 4-6 hours
- Remove from freezer, unwrap and place cake on cake board
- Dye buttercream green.
- Ice the sides of the cake in green buttercream.
- Add remaining buttercream to a piping bag fitted with a triple star tip.
- Add star stop decoration around the top of the cake giving it texture.
- Add sprinkles
- Optional: for the bow. I used ribbon and glue dots to hold them together just for presentation. Remove before serving.
Be sure to freeze the cake to eliminate having crumbs in your icing. Add sprinkles immediately after piping stars to the top of the cake. This cake be done in any flavor
Amount Per Serving Calories 167Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 72mgSodium 46mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 0gSugar 8gProtein 2g
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to tag and follow us on Instagram for more!
Pin it for later:
Check out these fun Christmas recipes!