If you are looking for something warm and delicious check out this flavorful Instant Pot Texas Cowboy Stew! Super simple ingredients make this a super easy dish!
What is Texas Cowboy Stew?
Cowboy Stew is a type of simple, hearty chuck wagon stew common in the American Southwest. It is well known outside the region as one of Chuck Wagon Cooking’s “Four Standards”.
It contains beef or venison, often both, potatoes and vegetables such as onions, carrots and canned whole tomatoes (although fresh are also used) that are cooked until done then thickened using flour or cornstarch to produce a gravy like sauce.
Have you ever made this type of stew? Soups and stews in the Instant Pot are so fun to make! It’s as easy as dumping the ingredients in, setting it and forgetting it!
What is an Instant Pot?
A multi-cooker that combines the functions of a Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice/Porridge Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Cake/Egg Maker and Warmer. This saves space on your countertops and makes mealtime a breeze. Plus, clean up is super simple!
In this recipe I’ll show you how to make Texas Cowboy Stew from start to finish! Let’s get cooking!
What ingredients are in this amazing Texas Cowboy Stew?
• 1-pound ground beef
• 1 package kielbasa sliced sausage
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic
• 1/2 onion, diced
• 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
• 1 can Rotel
• 2 medium baking potatoes, diced
• 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
• 1 (15.2 ounce) can kernel corn, drained
• 1 can peas, drained
• 2 cups beef broth
• 2 teaspoons ground cumin
• 2 teaspoons chili powder
• salt and black pepper to taste
Super simple ingredients for a super flavorful hearty soup. This is a delicious comfort food that you will add to your easy soup recipes. You can serve this with a mexican cornbread as a yummy side dish. This delicious texas cowboy stew can be stored in an airtight container for leftovers the next day.
Enjoy this texas cowboy stew recipe and let me know how much you love this main dish.
This super flavorful texas cowboy stew comes together in now time and it's great for a weeknight meal!
- • 1-pound ground beef
- • 1 package kielbasa sausage, sliced
- • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- • 1/2 onion, diced
- • 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- • 1 can Rotel
- • 2 medium baking potatoes, diced
- • 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- • 1 (15.2 ounce) can kernel corn, drained
- • 1 can peas, drained
- • 2 cups beef broth
- • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- • 2 teaspoons chili powder
- • salt and pepper to taste
- Set instant pot to sauté, once hot, add oil and onions. Sauté the onions for 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef and brown the meat.
- Once beef Is browned, add sliced sausage. Let cool for 2 minutes.
- Set instant pot to cancel
- Add remaining ingredients, stir to mix. Seal the lid and pressure valve. Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes.
- Quick release pressure and enjoy.
Amount Per Serving Calories 579Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 112mgSodium 1413mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 7gSugar 6gProtein 36g
Pin it for later!