These Honey Cinnamon Bumblebee Cupcakes are so fun to make and delicious too! Featuring a yellow cream cheese frosting and decorative edible bees!
Get ready to “bee” impressed with these Honey Cinnamon Bumblebee Cupcakes! They’re a fun and festive way to celebrate your love of bees while having a sweet flavor and taste as well. (and if you’re a fan of cream cheese frosting – holy moly. This is the recipe for you!)
Bumblebee cupcakes are tasty and fun to make no matter what time of the year. While you can easily make these up to enjoy at home or over the weekend, don’t forget how well that themed cupcakes go over at other events, too.
Bumble bee birthday parties and even bumble bee baby showers are a real thing and what better way to celebrate than to have fun Bumblebee Cupcakes as well!
How long does it take for cream cheese to soften?
Since the recipe calls for quite a bit of softened cream cheese, you’re going to want to be certain that you let it soften before adding it to the recipe. This will take about 30 minutes – 1 hour and is an important step to not miss!
This is because when cream cheese isn’t softened, it can produce little lumps of cream cheese all throughout the recipe. And what this means is that there might be a bite or two where a person gets that cream cheese taste which isn’t a great surprise to have.
How do you know when the cupcakes are done baking?
The easiest way to be certain that the cupcakes are done baking is to insert a clean toothpick into the center of the cupcake once it’s done baking in the oven.
If the inserted toothpick comes out clean, that means that the cupcakes are done and need to be removed from the oven. However, if the toothpick comes out with batter on it, you then know that they need a bit longer in the oven to bake.
Also, pay attention to your nose when they are baking because oftentimes, when you can smell what’s baking in the oven, it’s a good indicator that it’s done, or getting close to done, as well.
What ingredients are in these Honey Cinnamon Bumblebee Cupcakes?
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup white granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
½ cup butter, softened
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
¼ cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 stick salted butter, softened
6 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon honey
4 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon half and half or whole milk
*Yellow food coloring (optional)
1 large piping bag, 1 large round frosting tip
Wilton sugar “bees” icing decoration
If you’re looking for some super cute and super delicious cupcakes, you’re going to love this Honey Cinnamon Bumblebee Cupcakes! “Bee” ready – they’re addictive!
Honey Cinnamon Bumblebee Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
These honey bumblebee cupcakes are perfect for any occasion or birthday! Featuring a delish cream cheese frosting, everyone will enjoy these cupcakes!
- • 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- • ¾ cup white granulated sugar
- • 1 teaspoon baking powder
- • 1/2 teaspoon salt
- • ½ cup butter, softened
- • 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- • 2 eggs
- • ¼ cup buttermilk
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Frosting Ingredients
- • 1 stick salted butter, softened
- • 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla
- • 1 tablespoon honey
- • 4 cups powdered sugar
- • 1 tablespoon half and half or whole milk
- • *Yellow food coloring (optional)
- • 1 large piping bag, 1 large round frosting tip
- • Wilton sugar “bees” icing decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray or line a standard muffin
- Steps 1-3: Using a hand or stand mixer, cream butter and
sugar 1-2 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Mix in your cream cheese, vanilla,
buttermilk, and eggs and low until well incorporated. Mix in the honey and mix on medium for 1 minute.
- Step 4: Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Add batter into the muffin tin until each is about 2/3 full. Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
Directions for Frosting:
- Steps 1-3: In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, cream together butter and cream cheese and beat until light and fluffy. Add in the vanilla extract.
- Steps 4-5: Slowly mix in the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, while adding a bit of milk in between each cup. Continue to mix for 1 minute or until creamy. Mix in the cinnamon until well incorporated.
- Step 6: Add in your food coloring. Prepare piping bag and fill bag with frosting. Pipe a small “blob tower” of icing in the middle of the cupcake. The frost your “beehive” around the “blob”. Decorate with your cute bumblebees and enjoy!
If you liked these bumblebee cupcakes be sure to check out these fun cupcake recipes!
Easy Vanilla Tie Dye Unicorn Cupcakes
Easy Red White And Blue 4th Of July Cupcakes
Spiced Rum Eggnog Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!