Unicorn Candy Popcorn
Take traditional popcorn to the next level by using candy melts to create colorful Unicorn Popcorn. Not only does it look pretty, but it’s also a flavorful treat that kids absolutely love to eat.
What Is Unicorn Popcorn?
Unicorn Popcorn is a flavorful, colorful treat consisting of freshly popped popcorn, colorful candy melts, and candy mist. These colors transform traditional white popcorn into something that looks magical to both children and adults.
When you want to make a sweet, simple treat for children to enjoy, you can prepare this popcorn with ease. Not only can you make it as a snack for the kids to enjoy after dinner, but you can also prepare this popcorn for special events.
Which Popcorn Is Best to Use?
It’s best to use popcorn made fresh at home. You can add the kernels of popcorn to your air popper to make the popcorn before spreading it out on the baking sheet and adding the candy melts to it.
If you don’t have an air popper, don’t worry. You can still make the Unicorn Popcorn. Purchase plain, butter-free microwave popcorn from the grocery store.
Heat it in the microwave and then spread it out. Once you’ve spread it out on the sheet, you can spray the popcorn with the pretty pink food spray and then add your melted colorful chocolate to it.
Can I Add Extra Ingredients?
You’re more than welcome to add a few extra ingredients to the Unicorn Candy
Popcorn. You might want to add rainbow sprinkles, rainbow mini candy-coated chocolate morsels or mini marshmallows to your Unicorn Popcorn.
You can even add pastel M&M candies to give your popcorn even more flavor. Get creative to go along with the unicorn theme.
This yummy candy popcorn is made with brightly colored candy melts and it's so tasty! Kids will love this fun treat!
- 4-5 cups air popped
- Wilton Food Decorative Color Mist, Pink
- 1/2 cup blue, yellow, green candy melts
- 1-2 tsp coconut or vegetable oil split among colors to make for easier pouring.
- Pop the popcorn with an air popper. Or use plain bagged non buttered popcorn
- Lay the popcorn on two cookie sheets and spray lightly with the pink (or other colors) food spray. Turn over and coat the other side.
- Let dry as you prep the candy melts.
- Place the candy melts in a small microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 60 seconds, stir, and reheat as needed. Add in 1/2 teaspoon or more of coconut or vegetable oil to make the candy melts more loose and easily drizzled.
- Drizzle half of the candy melts over the popcorn, add sprinkles, let dry.
Reheat the candy melts and toss the popcorn to coat the other side with the second drizzle. Let the popcorn dry completely before serving.
Using a piping bag will help control the amount of chocolate
If you liked this recipe be sure to check out these fun recipes for kids: