This twice baked potato casserole is a great option for lunch or dinner. Using simple delicious ingredients, you will enjoy this easy dish!
Like most people I have not met a potato that I don’t like. Potatoes and I go together like white on rice. Just one this site alone the amount of potato recipes I have published is a TON.
For good reason though because potatoes are my jam. Today’s recipe is one of my favorites. It’s a bit similar to my Air Fryer Potato Skins but this recipe is a bit more hearty and can be served as a complete meal. Plus this time around we are going back to the trusty oven.
The thing that makes this recipe so good is that it is twice baked. The second time around you are baking the potato with all of the ingredients—blending the yummy flavors together perfectly.
What ingredients are needed to make these delicious twice baked potatoes?
4 large russet potatoes
½ cup heavy cream
¼ cup salted butter
¼ cup sour cream
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
4 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
How do I make this twice baked potato casserole?
First poke holes into the potatoes, and bake for an hour. When the potatoes are done be sure to let them cook to the touch.
After that you remove the cooked potato from the inside and add all of the ingredients. Spread the mixture in a casserole dish and add toppings. Then bake for another 20-30 minutes.
Enjoy and let me know how you like it!
Twice Baked Potato Casserole
This twice baked potato casserole side dish is filled with cheese and bacon and delicious seasonings!
- 4 large russet potatoes
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup salted butter
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Clean potatoes and use a fork to poke a few holes around the
outside of each potato. Bake in the oven for one hour, until cooked through.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and allow to cool enough to touch. Slice each potato in half
and remove the cooked potato from the inside and place it in a large bowl.
- Add the heavy cream, butter, sour cream, salt, pepper, and parsley to the bowl. Stir or mix with a hand mixer until well combined.
- Add ¾ cup cheddar cheese and the chopped bacon. Reserve one tablespoon of chopped bacon for garnish, if desired. Stir until the cheese and bacon are mixed with the other ingredients.
- Spread the potato mixture in a casserole dish and top with remaining cheese and bacon.
- Return to the oven to cook for 20 to 30 minutes, until cheese on top is melted.
Amount Per Serving Calories 230Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 37mgSodium 351mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 7g
If you liked this potato recipes be sure to check these fun recipes out!
Amazing Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
Perfectly Seasoned Potato Salad For Every Event
Easy KFC Style Air Fryer Potato Wedges
Easy and Delicious Air Fryer Potato Skins
Crockpot Mashed Potatoes With Cheddar and Garlic
What is your favorite way to eat a potato?
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!