When it comes to Christmas Cookies, I love have a large variety to choose from. These Christmas Candy Dipped Butter Cookies are so easy and fun to make!
What is better than baking cookies during the holidays? Dipping them in candy and eating them, of course! The are gorgeous and they taste so good!
These sugar cookies are dipped in delicious candy melts. Decorate them any way you like and they would make a perfect holiday treat!
Where can you bring these Christmas Candy Dipped Butter Cookies?
These are the perfect cookie to bring to any holiday party you have coming up! Or if you don’t want them to go anywhere, just bake some for your family or roommates! I personally love to bake while watching Christmas movies because it’s so fun.
What can you add to these cookies?
You could add chocolate chips, sprinkles, M&Ms, or any other candy you want. You can decorate them however you like so have fun with it!
What are some other fun Christmas Cookies to try?
- Holiday Reese’s Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups
- Glazed Gingerbread Christmas Cookies
- Easy Nightmare Before Christmas Cookies
- The Best M and M Christmas Cookies
- Easy Christmas Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Easy Snowman Cookies Made With Store Bought Cookies
- Easy Nutter Butter Snowmen Cookies
- Easy Reindeer Cookies With Premade Sugar Cookie Dough
What ingredients do you need for these Christmas Candy Dipped Butter Cookies?
1 cup (2 sticks) room temperature butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
(this can be changed to peppermint, rum, coconut, or any other flavor extract)
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon water
1 cup red candy melts
Super simple ingredients you can get from any grocery store!
Christmas Candy Dipped Butter Cookies From Scratch
These fun candy dipped holiday cookies will be the star of your dessert table! So good and easy to make with simple ingredients!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) room temperature butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- (this can be changed to peppermint, rum, coconut, or any other flavor extract)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup red candy melts
- Christmas sprinkles
- parchment paper
- Heat oven to 400°F. Combine butter, sugar, egg and extract in mixer.
- Blend at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add flour and salt, and blend at low speed until well mixed. Divide and use food coloring by mixing in each color.
- To make the cookies, insert a 1M tip into pastry bag. Fill bag with cookie dough. If it's hard to pipe add the 1 tablespoon water. Warming the piping bag with your hands will help to pipe out the cookies. Do this in a rotated motion on to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, or until slightly golden. Remove to a cookie rack and let cool. Once cool fill with jam or filling of choice.
- Melt candy melts in microwave as directed. Carefully dip the cookies into the candy melts and place on rack to dry. Sprinkle before drying with christmas sprinkles. Let fully dry and then store in air tight container.
Amount Per Serving Calories 126Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 11mgSodium 66mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 0gSugar 12gProtein 2g
Pin it for later!
If you loved this recipe be sure to tag and follow on Instagram for more fun recipes!
Have you ever made butter cookies from scratch? They are so easy to make with this recipe!
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!