How To Create A Google Plus Cover Photo
1) Go to www.picmonkey.com and Click Create A Collage
2) Pick which collage you want to work with, you can work with any one, I used a collage from the premium version, but it really depends on your preference–how many pictures you want to use etc. Be sure to at least designate a space for your social media links.
3) Very Important!
Click the Lock button on the bottom of the screen and change the dimension to 2560 x 1440.
Start to place pictures in the collage. Save one (visible) space near the top for your social media links.
4) When you are finished placing the pictures in the collage, you should have one free space (from step two). At this time you can choose to fill the collage with any color you choose, or you can leave it blank. You also have the option to add a texture to the free spot, but that might make your links hard to read.
5) Optional: You can round your pictures at this time if you like.
6) UPDATE 7/16/13: Click EDIT at the top of your screen **You can now jump to step 8, as you can now do text and overlays etc. directly from the collage screen! cool!**
7) Type www.picmonkey.com into your browser again, open up your saved file in the “Edit A Photo” Option
8) At this time you can add your social media by using the add text option to the free space you designated. I used two different fonts for my tag line and for my social media links.
9) Optional: Add A Frame, filters. I used the simple frame, no filters. SAVE your work AGAIN as .png
10) Go to Google Plus and click “change cover” upload and you have a beautiful new google plus cover photo! Let the circling begin!
Let’s be friends on Google+! It may not be the most fun platform, but it does absolute wonders for your SEO!