This Harry Potter ButterBeer Drip Cake is so great for Harry Potter themed parties! This cake is so good and beautiful!
What is butterbeer cake?
So what is butterbeer cake? It’s a dessert that’s inspired by the popular wizarding drink, Butterbeer! The cake itself is a rich and fluffy yellow cake, soaked in a butterbeer syrup, and then topped with a decadent butterbeer frosting. It’s the perfect dessert for any Harry Potter fan!
This cake is so easy to make, and it’s always a hit with everyone who tries it! The cake is moist and flavorful, and the frosting is rich and creamy. It’s the perfect dessert for any occasion!
What is a drip cake?
A drip cake is a type of cake that is decorated with a “drip” effect. The most common way to create this effect is to pour melted chocolate or caramel over the top of the cake, allow it to drizzle down the sides, and then let it harden. This creates a beautiful and unique cake that is sure to impress everyone!
What does butterbeer taste like?
Butterbeer has a unique and delicious flavor that is hard to describe. It’s sweet and creamy, with a hint of butterscotch. It’s the perfect drink for any Harry Potter fan!
What ingredients do you need for this Harry Potter ButterBeer cake?
2 (15.25oz) Yellow Cake Mix
1 (3.9oz) Jello brand instant butterscotch pudding mix
6 large eggs
2 cups water
2/3 cup vegetable oil
½ cup cream soda
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup vegetable shortening (Crisco)
5 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup cream soda
Butterscotch Ganache for Drip
¾ cup butterscotch chips
¼ cup heavy cream
Where can you serve this ButterBeer cake?
This cake is perfect for any Harry Potter themed party or event! It’s also great for birthdays, holidays, or any other special occasion!
How do you store leftovers of this butterbeer cake?
Leftover cake can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Frosted cake can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
The Best Harry Potter Butterbeer Drip Cake
This awesome Harry Potter Butterbeer Drip Cake is so good and great for Harry Potter fans!
- Butterbeer cake:
- 2 (15.25oz) Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 (3.9oz) Jello brand instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup cream soda
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Butterbeer Frosting
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup vegetable shortening (Crisco)
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cream soda
- Butterscotch Ganache for Drip
- ¾ cup butterscotch chips
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Add cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, and oil to mixing bowl and mix until incorporated.
- Add vanilla extract and cream soda.
- Fold in and immediately place into prepared 8*2 cake pans
- Bake for 35-40 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and set aside
- Once cooled, level the top of the cake while still in the pan.
- Make ganache
- Heat the heavy cream in the microwave for 40 seconds
- Pour on top of the butterscotch and let rest about 7-9 mins
- Stir until ganache begins to form
- If all of the chips haven’t melted, pop in the microwave for 10 seconds, stir and let Cool.
- Add to piping bag.
- Make the frosting
- In a mixing bowl, mix butter and shortening until smooth.
- Add in the half the powdered sugar and ¼ cup cream soda.
- Mix until smooth
- Add the remaining powdered sugar and ¼ cup cream soda
- Mix until combined, then mix on HIGH until fluffy (about 4-5 mins).
- Add a dollop of buttercream to the cake board.
- Place down the first layer, cut side up
- Add buttercream and spread out on the cake.
- Add a drizzle of the butterscotch ganache to the frosting.
- Top with the second layer of cake, cut side down.
- Frost the cake with the buttercream.
- Add thick layers of buttercream to the cake all the way around.
- Use a cake comb to create the pattern on the side of the cake (this also removes excess buttercream).
- No cake should be seen through the frosting.
- Run the cake comb in a circle around the top of the cake as well.
- Add the drip to the outside rim of the cake, a little goes a long way.
- Add remaining buttercream to a piping bag fitted with a tip 1M
- Add rosettes around the top of the cake and immediately add sprinkles
Amount Per Serving Calories 572Total Fat 34gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 93mgSodium 266mgCarbohydrates 65gFiber 0gSugar 53gProtein 4g
Pin it for later!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to check out my Instagram Page for the latest posts!
Before you go, check out these great posts!
Harry Potter Sorting Hats Cupcakes Recipe
The Best Butterbeer Harry Potter Cupcakes
Harry Potter Themed Butterbeer Frappuccino Drink
Easy Homemade Butterbeer Ice Cream
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!