Keto Chicken Thigh Spinach Rollups – Made In the Cast Iron Skillet
Looking for a quick and healthy meal to put on the dinner table tonight? I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I am about this Keto Chicken Thigh and Spinach Rollups recipe. Not only is it keto-friendly and healthy, it’s ridiculously delicious as well. Who knew that chicken and spinach would be such a knock-out combo?
It’s funny to think that so many times people feel that when they eat healthily, they also feel restricted. But when you are on a Keto/low carb diet there are so many Keto recipes everywhere, that couldn’t be further from the truth. Honestly, the best part about eating these Keto Chicken Thigh and Spinach Rollup is that they are guilt-free.
There aren’t many times in life that one can eat an amazing dish and walk away feeling great about themselves and their healthy food choice. But this dish is one of those rare treats. Trust me when I say that this recipe is a must to try.
Not only will you love it, but your family will love it as well. My boys were all over this one! And who can blame them? It’s juicy, it’s flavorful, and it’s simple and easy to make as well.
I think that partially has something to do with cooking it in the cast iron skillet. Have I ever told you how much I absolutely adore my cast iron skillet? It’s my favorite pot to cook in! You don’t get the kind of perfect sear that you need anywhere else!
The guys have made sure that I add it to the family dinner rotation plus they are getting a good dose of veggies too!
How To Make Keto Chicken Thigh and Spinach Rollups:
1) In a cast iron skillet add minced garlic, olive oil, butter, and spinach.
Cook over medium heat ~5 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
2) Salt and Pepper chicken thighs
3) Spread Boursin or ricotta cheese mixture evenly over 1 side of chicken thighs
4) Add wilted spinach and garlic to top of cheese mixture–save pan with butter and olive oil mixture.
5) Roll chicken up and secure with a tooth pick
6) Add 2 Tbsp of olive oil to pan. Cook chicken ~7-8 minutes on each side until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F.
These awesome keto chicken thing and spinach rollups are sure to be a family favorite and be on the table in 30 minutes!
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 bag fresh spinach
- Boursin cheese or 8oz ricotta with salt, pepper and garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a cast iron skillet add minced garlic, olive oil, butter, and spinach. Cook over medium heat ~5 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Salt and Pepper chicken thighs
- Spread Boursin or ricotta cheese mixture evenly over 1 side of chicken thighs
- Add wilted spinach and garlic to top of cheese mixture--save pan with butter and olive oil mixture.
- Roll chicken up and secure with a tooth pick
- Add 2 Tbsp of olive oil to pan. Cook chicken ~7-8 minutes on each side until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F