This amazing Homemade Garden Fresh Tomato Salsa is made with fresh tomatoes and vegetables and it’s great for anytime. This easy recipe is awesome for game day or a tasty appetizer.
Who doesn’t love a great garden salsa? For so long I used to buy salsa inside of the jar, but I did NOT realize how easy it was to make at home and I’ve been having the homemade version with simple grocery store fresh ingredients ever since!
What ingredients do you need for the best homemade salsa recipe?
• 6 ripe medium size tomatoes or several small
• 1 1⁄2 tsp minced garlic cloves
• 1 jalapeno pepper
• 1 mild heat pepper, corbaci for example
• 1 green bell pepper
• 1⁄2 medium red onion
• 3 tbsp fresh cilantro or 2 tbsp dried cilantro
• 3⁄4 tsp salt
• 1⁄2 tsp ground cumin
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
This amazing chunky salsa is great with burrito bowls. It has the best flavor and it’s one of those easy recipes you can store in a mason jar. This fresh tomato salsa recipe uses simple ingredients and makes great use of those garden tomatoes.
When it comes to your favorite mexican dishes do you like a spicy salsa? homemade tortilla chips? or black beans? Mexican cuisine is so good and versatile and I think we can all agree that ripe tomatoes are so much better than canned tomatoes.
Making your own salsa with vine tomatoes from your own garden is just so awesome. This fresh salsa recipe uses those tomato plants and cherry tomatoes in delicious ways for a great flavor. It’s always a good reason to make chunky fresh tomato salsa. It’s one of those healthy recipes that you can add to a healthy diet!
If you make this flavorful salsa be sure to let me know by tagging me and following me on instagram! It’s the best salsa recipe will become one of your favorite mexican recipes!
This garden fresh salsa is so good and delicious! Made with fresh veggies and yummy seasonings, you will make this again and again!
- • 6 ripe medium size tomatoes or several small
- • 1 1⁄2 tsp minced garlic
- • 1 jalapeno pepper
- • 1 mild heat pepper, corbaci for example
- • 1 green bell pepper
- • 1⁄2 medium red onion
- • 3 tbsp fresh cilantro or 2 tbsp dried cilantro
- • 3⁄4 tsp salt
- • 1⁄2 tsp ground cumin
- • 1 tbsp lemon juice
- • 1 tbsp lime juice
- Remove seeds from bell pepper, jalapeno pepper,and corbaci pepper and dice.
- Finely chop red onion.
- Dice tomatoes.
- In a medium size bowl mix peppers, onion, tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, salt, cumin, and juices.
- Allow salsa to mellow at room temperature before serving. Serve with tortilla chips.
Amount Per Serving Calories 36Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 299mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 2g
If you make this recipe be sure to follow and tag me on Instagram for more recipes!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to check out these awesome appetizers too!