If you are looking for a healthy salad this grilled chicken apple salad with homemade apple cider vinaigrette is the perfect choice for anytime!
Is gouda a great ingredient for salads?
Gouda is a great ingredient for salads because it has a mild, slightly sweet flavor that pairs well with a variety of other ingredients. It also melts well, so it can help to create a creamy texture in your salad.
What about apples?
Apples are a great addition to salads because they add a sweetness and crunch. They also pair well with gouda, so they make a great combination in this salad. Candied walnuts add a nice touch of sweetness and crunch to the salad as well.
How do you make candied walnuts?
To make candied walnuts, you will need to cook them in a sugar syrup until they are coated and the sugar is crystallized. This can be done on the stovetop or in the oven. Once they are candied, you can add them to the salad.
The gouda cheese and apples pair together perfectly, and the candied walnuts add a nice touch of sweetness and crunch. If you are looking for a salad that is sure to impress, this is the one for you.
What ingredients do you need for this Grilled Chicken Gouda Apple Spring Salad?
5 oz. spring salad mix
Chicken breasts, cooked, sliced (or diced)
6 oz sliced Gouda cheese
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1 red apple, thinly sliced
1 cup Candied walnuts, prepared
1 tbsp butter, salted
1/4 cup sugar, granulated
1 tsp water
Apple cider vinaigrette:
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tsp honey
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
What are some popular types of vinaigrettes?
Some popular types of vinaigrettes include balsamic, apple cider, and honey mustard.
This healthy chicken apple salad with gouda and candied walnuts is so great for anytime. Included is an apple cider vinaigrette recipe that you will love!
- 5 oz. spring salad mix
- Chicken breasts, cooked, sliced (or diced)
- 6 oz sliced Gouda cheese
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 red apple, thinly sliced
- Candied walnuts:
- 1 cup Candied walnuts, prepared
- 1 tbsp butter, salted
- 1/4 cup sugar, granulated
- 1 tsp water
- Apple cider vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Prepare a sheet of parchment paper on the side.
- Warm a medium saucepan on medium heat. Once warm, add your butter. Melt.
- Add in your sugar and walnuts. Mix and fold together so every walnut is covered in butter and sugar. Stir continuously until you see the caramel start to thicken. Should take about 2 minutes.
- Add in your water. Stir for 1 more minute.
- Transfer your walnuts to the parchment paper, and evenly distribute them so they can cook evenly.
- Allow cooling.
- Add all of your ingredients to a food processor. Blend for about two minutes or until the color turns into a creamy consistency.
- Add your spring mix to the bowl.
- Add your sliced chicken, candied walnuts, apple slices, and dried cranberries.
- Drizzle your vinaigrette over the salad or place it in a cup on the side to dip your salad in.
Amount Per Serving Calories 603Total Fat 38gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 24gCholesterol 82mgSodium 552mgCarbohydrates 47gFiber 3gSugar 41gProtein 23g
Pin it for later!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to check out my Instagram Page for the latest posts!
Before you go, check out these great posts!