Add a twist to a traditional appetizer with this Everything Bagel Pigs in a Blanket recipe. These little hot dogs wrapped in crescent dough appetizers are baked until they are golden brown and they taste incredible!
Do you want to make the perfect easy appetizer for family and friends? If you’re hosting a special event, consider making these delicious Everything Bagel Pigs in a Blanket.
You can put them together with ease using minimal ingredients, bake them, and then have them ready to serve. The recipe makes 28 of them! You can double or triple the recipe to serve even more people.
These lil’ smokies don’t need egg wash to prepare. When it comes to classic appetizers these little piggies fit the bill!
These are also known to be a great after school snack! The kids love these little smokies wrapped in crescent roll dough. Add the everything bagel seasoning and it is an awesome quick snack.
What Are Pigs in a Blanket?
If you’ve never tasted these yummy crescent roll pigs, these appetizers consist of Little Smokies sausages (cocktail weiners) wrapped in crescent rolls and baked to perfection.
These Everything Bagel Pigs in a Blanket have Everything Bagel seasoning added on top as an extra tasty touch that truly makes them addicting! Next time you are having game night, make some of these!
This easy recipe definitely takes the classic pigs in the blanket recipe to the next level. Some recipes call for poppy seeds, sesame seeds or vienna sausages.
You could even use biscuit dough, homemade dough or puff pastry for these but this specific recipe calls for crescent rolls.
Fun fact: everything is better with everything bagel seasoning! Between the wrapped sausage and the seasoning it’s just the perfect match.
Reasons to Make the Everything Bagel Pigs in a Blanket
There are several good reasons to make these appetizers. These are a few of the reasons you should give these mini crescent dogs a try:
- You won’t need a bunch of ingredients. All you need is the Lil Smokies sausages, crescent rolls, a bit of melted butter, and some Everything Bagel seasoning for these homemade pigs. It’s that simple.
- These appetizers taste good enough to keep you coming back for more. You can expect them to go quickly because both children and adults love them.
- Preparing the Everything Bagel Pigs in a Blanket isn’t difficult. You wrap the crescent sheets around the small sausages and set them up on a baking sheet to let them bake in the oven for several minutes.
Don’t forget to offer a few dipping sauces. These Everything Bagel Pigs in a Blanket taste great when dipped in honey mustard, ketchup, barbecue sauce, and even ranch dressing!
Check out the recipe card for a simple recipe that takes these little pigs to flavortown!
Enjoy and if you share them, but sure to tag me on Instagram!
These easy everything bagel pigs in blanket are so yummy and easy to make!
- 1 8-count package crescent rolls
- 1 14-ounce package Lit’l Smokies
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons everything but the bagel seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and separate one rectangle made up of two triangle crescent rolls. Pinch the seam of the triangles together, then roll out the dough until it’s a flat rectangle.
- Cut the rectangle into one-inch strips, then wrap each strip around a sausage. Place the wrapped sausages on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Brush the sausages with melted butter and sprinkle everything but the bagel seasoning on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 13 to 15 minutes, until the crescent rolls are golden brown. Serve immediately.
Pin it for later!
If you liked these yummy treats be sure to try these too!