One of the most important accessories for a new baby is your stroller. Especially if you live in an urban area, you will be spending TONS of time with your stroller. I took my time choosing a stroller this time around because things have changed A LOT in 7 years. I remember with the boys, the stroller we had was worn out because we walked them back and forth to the daycare daily plus weekend activities. This time around I was very particular about my choice of the Pivot Xpand Stroller System because it was important that not only did I have a cute and stylish stroller, I had a durable one as well.
Introducing the Evenflo Pivot Xpand
I was first introduced to the Evenflo Pivot Xpand at the New York Baby Show last May. The baby show allows you to try out dozens of different strollers in simulated environments in a “test track” sort of way. When I arrived at the Evenflo booth, the Pivot Xpand was gone off on a ride–it was THE most popular stroller system in the building and I can totally see why!
Evenflo Pivot Xpand Features:
- Single To Double: Stroller grows from single to double with no tools or extra parts needed! Unique slide and lock system expands frame to accommodate a second toddler or infant seat. (so handy!)
- Up To 22 Conﬁgurations: The unique design accommodates one or two riders. Infants and children can sit at various heights, upright or reclined, in both parent-facing and forward-facing modes. Toddler seat holds up to 55 lbs for extended use.
- Modular Design: Infant car seat sits directly on the frame, and the toddler seat easily converts to infant mode, cradling baby at a comfortable angle
- Self-Standing Fold: The compact fold conveniently self-stands, with toddler seat attached (helps a LOT on the train!)
- Extra-Large Storage Basket: Expands to over 2 feet in length with front and back access for convenience (hello, shopping!)
- Large Cruiser Tires: Front-wheel swivel and rear-wheel suspension offer a smoother ride and superior maneuverability (fantastic for the unpredictable roads of NYC)
- Includes SafeMax Infant Car Seat
Once I had the chance to take the stroller for a spin, I was instantly in love. I was really impressed with how smoothly the system drove and how gorgeous and neutral the gray color was.
Evenflo Pivot Xpand Bassinet
My favorite part though is the bassinet (toddler) attachment because it lays flat for sleeping. Sometimes we have a short way to go and don’t necessarily need to put her in a car seat. I love that she can lay flat if I walk to my mom’s house or to the grocery store. If we are traveling with her, the infant car seat switches out super easily with one click. Having the extra portion is super helpful in case we have another baby family member or friend with us.
Evenflo Pivot Xpand Weight
We all know how important it is that the weight is manageable, especially when we are traveling with our strollers. We currently use the frame and the toddler seat (bassinet) the most and it’s pretty easy to get around. Here are the official specs:
- Weight: Car Seat (without base) – 7.6 lbs Car Seat (with base) – 14 lbs Stroller frame + toddler seat – 28.6 lbs Total weight (car seat, base, stroller frame, seat) = 42.6 lbs
Facebook Live Review
A few months ago when I was still pregnant in the summer time, I did two Facebook lives on my Facebook page (if you are not following me, be sure the like the page!) detailing the ease of use of the Evenflo Pivot Xpand. The first one was shot by my 9 year old and hilarity ensued.
The second one is a bit better, as I had hubby film, and it shows off more of the features:
We use the infant car seat and it is super easy to install the car seat base as we travel all over. I’ve always been a bit of a klutz when it comes to car seat installations, so I appreciate this one being so easy–with clear instructions on the side if I ever need any help!
For the full demonstation (done by a professional this time!) check out the YouTube Video I recorded at the New York Baby Show.
I absolutely recommend this system if you are new parents, as well as gifts for new parents! For more information check out the Evenflo website here!
For more baby related posts check out: