These easy Southwestern Chicken Wraps are so easy to make for a quick lunch or dinner! Great for school lunches or anytime!
What are Southwestern Chicken Wraps?
Southwestern chicken wraps are a quick and easy meal that is perfect for lunch or dinner! These wraps are filled with shredded chicken, cheese, and a variety of other toppings. They are then rolled up and served with a side of ranch dressing or your favorite dipping sauce.
These wraps are a great option for school lunches or a quick and easy dinner. They can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for a quick meal later. Or, you can make them fresh and serve them immediately. Either way, they are sure to be a hit with the whole family!
What do I need to make Southwestern Chicken Wraps?
To make these wraps you will need:
3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
1 cup corn kernels frozen, thawed
1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
4 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 tablespoon taco seasoning
1 cup salsa
1 cup sour cream
8 burrito-size tortillas
Can you make these wraps ahead of time?
Yes! These wraps can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for a quick meal later. Or, you can make them fresh and serve them immediately.
What are some fun variations I can do with these wraps?
There are so many fun variations you can do with these wraps! Here are a few ideas:
-Add some diced avocado or guacamole to the wraps for an extra boost of flavor and creaminess.
-Swap out the chicken for ground beef, turkey, or pork.
-Try using a different type of cheese in the wraps. Cheddar, Swiss, and pepper Jack would all be great options.
-Add some chopped green onions or diced jalapeños to the wraps for a little bit of heat.
-Use a different type of tortilla such as whole wheat, spinach, or garlic herb.
These yummy southwestern wraps are great for lunch or anytime!
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 cup corn kernels frozen, thawed
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 burrito-size tortillas
- In a large bowl, toss together the chicken, corn, black beans, spinach, bell pepper, and cheese until equally mixed.
- In a smaller bowl, stir together the taco seasoning, salsa, and sour cream.
- Add the combined dressing to the chicken mixture and toss until blended.
- Divide the mixture and place a portion in the middle of one tortilla. Roll the
burrito, tucking the sides, until completely rolled up.
- If desired, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Pin it for later!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to check out my Instagram Page for the latest posts!
Before you go, check out these great posts!
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!