If you are looking for a yummy dinner that is easy to make on weeknight, check out this recipe for delicious Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sliders.
What are Italian Beef Sliders?
Italian beef sliders are a type of sandwich that is typically made with thinly sliced roast beef that has been cooked in a flavorful broth. The beef is then placed on a small bun and topped with various toppings, such as cheese, peppers, and onions.
These sandwiches are perfect for weeknight dinners because they are quick and easy to make. Plus, they are super versatile and can be customized to your liking. For example, you could add different types of cheese or swap out the roast beef for turkey or chicken.
What is a good side dish for roast beef sliders?
There are a variety of side dishes that would go well with Italian beef sliders. Some good options include roasted potatoes, a green salad, or fruit salad.
What ingredients do you need for these yummy beef sliders?
2 pounds chuck roast
1 cup beef broth
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, plus more for topping
1 teaspoon garlic powder, plus more for topping
½ cup butter
1 12-ounce jar banana peppers
1 16-count package butter flavored rolls
6 slices provolone cheese
Where can you serve these amazing sandwiches?
These sandwiches are perfect for game day parties, potlucks, and more. If you are hosting a party, you could set up a build-your-own slider bar so that guests can customize their sandwiches.
Or, if you are taking these to a potluck or picnic, you could pre-make the sandwiches and then transport them in a disposable tin foil pan.
What cut of meat is Italian beef made from?
Italian beef is typically made from a chuck roast. This cut of meat is well-marinated and cooked slowly, which results in a tender and flavorful sandwich.
This easy sliders are so great for game day or dinner!
- 2 pounds chuck roast
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, plus more for topping
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, plus more for topping
- ½ cup butter
- 1 12-ounce jar banana peppers
- 1 16-count package butter flavored rolls
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Place the chuck roast in the bowl of your slow cooker and add the beef broth.
- Season with Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of the butter, then cut the remaining stick into thin slices. Place the slices on top of the beef.
- Top with 2/3s of the banana peppers plus half the juice from the banana pepper jar. Set the remaining banana peppers aside.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and set to cook on low for 6 hours or high for four hours.
- When the meat is finished cooking, remove it from the pot and shred it.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the entire package of rolls in half and remove the top half of the bread. Spread the meat in an even layer over the bottom half of the rolls.
- Top the shredded meat with the remaining banana peppers.
- Layer the cheese on top of the meat, then place the top of the rolls on top of the cheese.
- Melt the remaining butter in the microwave and brush it over the top of the rolls. Season with Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, until the rolls are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Reserve some of the cooking juice in the slow cooker for dipping, if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 672Total Fat 58gSaturated Fat 33gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 21gCholesterol 200mgSodium 680mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 35g
Pin it for later!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to check out my Instagram Page for the latest posts!
Before you go, check out these great posts!