This Slow Cooker BBQ Pork is so flavorful and very versatile! Simple ingredients make for a great lunch or dinner.
Can you make BBQ Pork in the Slow cooker?
Yes! This recipe is very easy to make in the slow cooker. Just mix together the ingredients and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. The pork will be very tender and full of flavor.
What can I serve with BBQ Pork?
There are many great sides that go well with BBQ pork. Some of our favorites include coleslaw, potato salad, baked beans, and cornbread.
What kind of pork should I use?
We prefer to use boneless pork loin roast for this recipe, but you could also use pork tenderloin or pork chops.
What ingredients do you need for this slow cooker bbq pulled pork?
1 (3- to 4-lb.) pork shoulder, trimmed of excess fat
1 cup onion, finely chopped
1 cup ketchup
3 tbsp. Maple syrup or brown sugar
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
Freshly ground black pepper
What are the different ways you can use bbq pulled pork in a dish?
There are many different ways you can use pulled pork in a dish. Some popular ideas include bbq pork sandwiches, bbq pork tacos, bbq pork nachos, and bbq pork pizza.
How long does this slow cooker bbq pork recipe take to make?
This recipe is very easy to make and only takes a few minutes to prep. The pork will need to cook in the slow cooker for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high. Once the pork is cooked, it will be very tender and easy to shred with a fork.
How can I store leftovers?
Leftover bbq pork can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat the pork in the microwave or on the stove until warmed through. You can also freeze the pork for up to 3 months. Thaw the frozen pork in the fridge overnight before reheating.
This amazing slow cooker bbq is super versatile and makes for a great meal with your favorite side or on a sandwich.
- 1 (3- to 4-lb.) pork shoulder, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp. Maple syrup or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fit crockpot with a liner.
- Add ketchup and apple cider vinegar to a bowl. Stir until well incorporated.
- Add maple syrup (or brown sugar), paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Mix well, then add onions and mix well.
- Add a few spoonfuls of the sauce to the bottom of the crock pot.
- Add pork roast and pour remaining sauce all over the top.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 5-6 or LOW for 8-9 hours (until fork tender)
- Remove pork from bowl and shred with two forks.
- Serve on buns with bbq sauce, ketchup and or coleslaw
Pin it for later!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to check out my Instagram Page for the latest posts!
Before you go, check out these great posts!