This eggnog bundt cake is so good and great for a holiday dessert! Serve this yummy cake ala mode or even by itself for a fun treat!
What is eggnog bundt cake?
Eggnog bundt cake is a type of cake that is made with eggnog as one of its main ingredients. This holiday-inspired dessert is perfect for those who love the taste of eggnog and want to enjoy it in cake form!
What Ingredients do you need for eggnog bundt cake?
• 2 cup flour
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp nutmeg ground
• 1+ 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon ground
• 1/3 cup unsalted butter room temperature • 1/2 cup olive oil
• 1 cup light brown sugar packed
• 1/2 cup granulated sugar
• 4 large eggs room temperature
• 1 cup eggnog room temperature
• 2 Tbsp rum or rum extract – optional
The cake itself is moist and fluffy, and the eggnog flavor comes through perfectly. It is then topped with a delicious eggnog frosting that takes the flavors of this cake to the next level!
Does eggnog cake need to be refrigerated?
No, this cake does not need to be refrigerated. However, if you are planning on storing it for more than a day or two, it is best to keep it in the fridge. Otherwise, the frosting may start to melt and the cake itself could dry out.
Where can you serve this eggnog bundt cake?
This cake is perfect for serving at holiday parties or gatherings! It also makes a great dessert to bring to potlucks or work functions. Basically, anywhere that you would serve a regular bundt cake, this eggnog bundt cake will be a hit!
What are some other ways to enjoy eggnog?
If you love eggnog, there are plenty of other ways to enjoy it! Here are a few ideas:
– Add it to your coffee or tea for a delicious and festive twist
– Make eggnog pancakes or waffles for a tasty breakfast or brunch
– Use it in place of milk when making oatmeal or other hot cereals
– Mix it with some rum or whiskey to make a festive cocktail
Do you have any tips for making this eggnog bundt cake?
Here are a few tips to help you make the perfect eggnog bundt cake:
– Use a good quality eggnog for the best flavor. If you can find it, use an eggnog that is made with real eggs and cream. (or you can Make Your Own Homemade Eggnog!)
– Be sure to properly measure the ingredients. When baking, precise measurements are key to ensuring that your cake turns out perfectly.
– Do not overmix the batter. Mixing too much will result in a tough cake.
– Allow the cake to cool completely before frosting it. If you try to frost it while it is still warm, the frosting will melt and run off the cake.
This eggnog bundt cake is so good for the holiday season! Serve with ice cream for a fun treat!
- • 2 cup flour
- • 2 tsp baking powder
- • 1 tsp nutmeg ground
- • 1+ 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon ground
- • 1/3 cup unsalted butter room temperature • 1/2 cup olive oil
- • 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- • 4 large eggs room temperature
- • 1 cup eggnog room temperature
- • 2 Tbsp rum or rum extract - optional
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- 2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a 10 or 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon until
- Beat butter and sugar until smooth. Add olive oil, keep whisking.
- Add eggs one at a time, fully incorporating after each addition. Add rum and
vanilla at this point if using.
- Using spatula, stir in dry ingredients first and then eggnog. Do not over mix.
- Bake for 45 mins or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly
- Place cake on wire rack to cool.
- Prepare the icing; beat cream cheese with milk until it reaches the desired
Amount Per Serving Calories 416Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 106mgSodium 147mgCarbohydrates 50gFiber 1gSugar 30gProtein 6g
Pin it for later!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to check out my Instagram Page for the latest posts!
Before you go, check out these great posts!