Today I have got a fun and festive Easter Lemon Poppyseed Bundt Cake that is perfect for the holiday! Decorated in fun bright colors, the family will enjoy this delicious treat!
Easter is still a time to enjoy and share memories with family. There are many things that a family can do together to celebrate the holiday.
That includes baking, egg hunts, going to church, Easter Brunches, and so much more. Today I’ve got a gorgeous Easter Lemon Poppyseed Bundt cake recipe that you will absolutely adore.
Before Easter actually arrives, it is nice to prepare for it. Show your love for the holiday by decorating your home and yard for the season. Making crafts and fun Easter memorabilia is a great way to get kids involved.
While a family is still decked out in their shiny new clothes, it is a good time for a family photo. Nothing says, “Welcome to spring” better than a picture. It doesn’t even have to be a professional shoot. Photos are a great way to celebrate and remember special times.
Another popular Easter activity is family dinner. Many people have feasts on this day. Some folks prepare food at home while others go to a relative’s house. It is a great time to get together with family members and eat ham until you pop. Today I’ve got a really great Easter cake for you to make in celebration!
Don’t forget the kids! They love to receive treats from the bunny and prepare for his arrival. This Easter Placemat Activity For Kids is great for them to get excited about the holiday.
One of the best parts of Easter is the egg hunt. Check out these 10 Easy Ideas For The Best Easter Egg Hunt Ever!
What ingredients are in this Lemon Poppyseed Bundt Cake?
Cake Ingredients List:
butter, softened + extra for coating pan
Icing Ingredients List:
confectioners (powdered) sugar
light corn syrup (optional)
Additional items that you need for this cake:
Easter Bunny sugar candies
Easter color non-pareils: These Easter Bunny sprinkles work great!
Stand or hand mixer
A light and delicious lemon poppyseed cake decorated perfectly for Easter!
- Cake Ingredients List:
- • 1 1⁄4 cup cake flour
- • 1 1⁄4 cup butter, softened + extra for coating pan
- • 3⁄4 cup sugar
- • 1⁄2 cup flour
- • 3eggs
- • 1⁄4+1/8cupmilk
- • 2 tbsp lemon juice
- • 1 1⁄2 tbsp poppyseed
- • 1⁄2 tbsp baking powder •
- Icing Ingredients List:
- • 1 cup confectioners sugar
- • 4-5 tsp milk
- • 2 tsp light corn syrup (optional)
- • 1⁄4 tsp lemon juice
- Additional Items:
- • Easter Bunny sugar candies
- • Easter color non-pareils
- • Stand or hand mixer
- Mix together sugar and butter until creamy.
- Add eggs and lemon juice to the mixture and blend.
- Combine the cake flour, all purpose flour, and baking powder. Add to batter
and blend until thoroughly corporated.
- Butter bundt cake pan.
- Pour batter into bundt pan.
- Bake 350 for 40 minutes or until cake tester comes clean.
- Set on wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare icing by combining confectioners sugar, milk, lemon juice, and corn syrup. Set aside.
- With a spatula, carefully separate sides of cake from cake pan. Flip cake onto wire rack and allow to thoroughly cool before icing.
- To decorate, drizzle icing back and forth over the bundt cake. Quickly place bunny candies around the cake before the icing hardens and sprinkle non-pareils over the top.
- Slice and serve. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 446Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 67mgSodium 289mgCarbohydrates 53gFiber 1gSugar 33gProtein 3g
If you liked this cake be sure to check out these Cute & Easy Easter Bunny Ear Cupcakes