This Copycat Starbucks Cinnamon Coffee Cake is super easy to make and so yummy! Perfect with your coffee or tea!
Have you ever tried Cinnamon cake from Starbucks? It’s my boys favorite treat so I decided to make it for them and it’s so good and easy!
Is Starbucks Cinnamon Coffee Cake good?
Yes, Starbucks Cinnamon Coffee Cake is delicious! It’s moist, fluffy, and has the perfect amount of cinnamon flavor. It’s also super easy to make – you can have it on the table in under an hour. So if you’re looking for a quick and tasty dessert, this is the cake for you.
What are the most popular bakery items at Starbucks?
Some of the most popular bakery items at Starbucks include muffins, scones, cookies, and cakes. These baked goods are popular because they are delicious and convenient – many of them can be easily enjoyed on-the-go, making them perfect for busy coffee lovers on the go. Some of the most popular flavors include chocolate chip, blueberry, and cinnamon.
Does coffee cake actually taste like coffee?
No, coffee cake does not taste like coffee. Coffee cake gets its name from the fact that it is often served with coffee. The cake itself is usually flavored with spices like cinnamon or nutmeg, and sometimes has a streusel topping.
So if you’re expecting a cake that tastes like your morning cup of joe, you’ll be disappointed – coffee cake is actually quite different from coffee in flavor. However, it is still delicious and can be enjoyed on its own or with a cup of your favorite hot beverage.
Check out some amazing coffee cake recipes:
What ingredients do you need for these coffee cake treats?
Ingredients for topping
3/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 tsp cinnamon
6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
Ingredients for cake:
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs, large (brought to room temp)
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour, scooped and leveled
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup buttermilk
The crumb topping and the cinnamon layer is what makes this such a good coffee cake. This starbucks version of this tender cake is one of my favorite things to have with a cup of coffee.
This homemade coffee cake is the real thing–you can make this original recipe in a mini loaf pan covered with aluminum foil. You can save this tender crumb classic coffee cake recipe in an airtight container.
This copycat starbucks coffee cake recipe makes a rich yellow cake with a cinnamon stripe and a buttery flavor. The crunchy streusel is the ultimate topping for the classic crumb coffee cake.
The common theme of coffee cakes is the sugary topping, the crumbly mixture on the top of the batter is just so good!
This amazing copycat starbucks coffee cake recipe is so good and easy to make!
- Ingredients for topping
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- Ingredients for cake:
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, large (brought to room temp)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour, scooped and leveled
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 325
- Spray baking pan with non stick spray and set aside.
- Make the crumble by combining melted butter, flour, brown sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon and chopped pecans (optional) in a bowl.
- Mix the cinnamon sugar for the swirl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter, 1/3 cup brown sugar, granulated sugar and oil until fluffy (about 2 mins). Add eggs and vanilla and mix until light and fluffy.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into the bowl of wet ingredients for the batter.
- Add buttermilk mix until well combined.
- Pour slightly more than half the batter into prepared dish.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the top of the batter.
- Add some of the crumble (optional-for added texture).
- Pour the remaining batter on top
- Add crumble to the top completely covering it.
- Bake for 75 mins or until the edges turn light brown.
- Cool for at least 15-20 mins before serving.
This is a pretty thick batter, the weight of the crumble added to the center caused it to sink into the bottom layer of batter.
While delicious it creates a more dense coffee cake then baking without the crumble.
If the batter is far too thick (meaning you can not spread it out with a spatula, add in a 2-3 tablespoons of whole milk to thin it out.
The cake pictured is from an 8*8 pan so it’s very tall. You could use this same recipe in a longer pan to have thinner slices.
Pin it for later!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to check out my Instagram Page for the latest posts!
Before you go, check out these great posts!
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!