These super fun Easter Carrot Cake Bars are so good and easy to make. These individual treats are made with a fun carrot design on top!
What are carrot cake bars?
Carrot cake is a dessert that typically consists of grated carrots, crushed pineapple, fruits and nuts all topped with cream cheese frosting.
The bars are made into individual servings by placing them in a 8×8 baking pan then letting the cake cool on a wire rack. Once they cooled you can put the frosting on and decorate with a fun carrot!
Is carrot cake healthier than regular cake?
Carrots are a great substitute for regular cake because they consist of less sugar and more nutrients. Carrots are high in Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Potassium and other essential minerals.
These moist carrot cake dessert bars are made with fresh carrots and will become one of the new recipes you serve a family gatherings.
These delicious carrot cake bars have an amazing cream cheese layer and a cake layer with a really moist cake.
Can you freeze carrot bars?
Yes you can! Once the bars are completely cooled to room temperature you can place them in an air-tight container and freeze for up to two months. It’s the new favorite carrot cake recipe for carrot cake lovers!
Why was carrot cake so popular in the 70s?
The 70s were the time of health foods and alternative medicine. Carrot cake became popular because it was believed that carrots are a very healthy vegetable to eat.
Where can you serve these awesome Easter carrot cake bars?
Easter celebrations are a a great place to start! You can serve these bars during a potluck Easter dinner. Don’t forget to save some for yourself!
How many carrot cake bars will this recipe make?
This recipe makes about 16 cream cheese carrot cake bars. If you are having guests over, I recommend doubling the recipe.
1 ½ cups flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ cup butter, softened
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup shredded carrots
For the icing:
8 ounces cream cheese
4 tablespoons butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups powdered sugar
Orange and green food coloring
This carrot cake bars recipe is made with super simple ingredients that you can get at the grocery store. They are made with a fluffy cream cheese frosting and it’s my favorite way to celebrate Easter! The texture of these bars makes this my favorite cake.
Right on top you can make some cute Easter bunny carrots on the top of the bars. This easy carrot cake is one of my favorite desserts. It’s a great recipe with an amazing flavor that the kids will enjoy! It’s the best carrot cake recipe that you will save to you recipe box!
Easter Carrot Cake Bars With Cream Cheese Frosting
These amazing carrot cake bars are make with a fun cream cheese frosting and a great to serve for Easter dessert!
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- For the icing:
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Orange and green food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper. Spray with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ginger, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Add half the dry ingredients and beat until mixed, then add the remaining dry ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Fold in the shredded carrots.
- Spread the batter in the prepared baking pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake bars to cool completely, then prepare the icing by beating together the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla. Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time, beating between each addition.
- Separate a small amount of the icing into two separate bowls. Add the orange food coloring to one bowl and the green food coloring to the other bowl. Stir until the coloring is mixed into the icing, then transfer each color to a piping bag.
- Remove the cake bars from the pan by pulling the edges of the parchment paper up. Spread the remaining icing over the top of the cake bars and cut the bars into 12 pieces.
- Decorate the top of each cake bar with a carrot using the orange and green icing.
Amount Per Serving Calories 345Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 72mgSodium 375mgCarbohydrates 51gFiber 1gSugar 40gProtein 4g
Pin it for later!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to check out my Instagram Page for the latest posts!
Before you go, check out these great posts!
Mini Easter Bundt Cakes Perfect For Spring
Easter Lemon Poppyseed Bundt Cake
DIY Easy Easter Bunny Craft For Kids
The Most Perfect Berry Chantilly Cake Recipe
Cute & Easy Easter Bunny Ear Cupcakes
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!