A few years ago I attended my first Disney Social Media Moms On The Road Experience in New York, It was SUPER magical and it took place in the New Amsterdam Theatre, the same place where Aladdin plays every single night. Then I attended the coveted Social Media Moms 4-day conference in 2015 with my family and had a truly magical time. This time around the On The Road Celebration would take place in one of my favorite cities: Philadelphia!
Disney Social Media Moms In Philadelphia, PA
The dinner would take place at R2L Restaurant. A beautiful setting all the way on the 35th floor overlooking the city of brotherly love. It was transformed into the gorgeous decor that makes the Disney Social Media Moms such a special experience. I was so happy to see so many of my favorite Philly/NJ/NYC blogger friends and local blogger friends too!
Disney Dreamers Academy Alum
In the first part of the evening we were able to hear from Jordan, an extremely well spoken former Disney Dreamers Academy alum that shared his amazing experience with the DDA. Every year Disney hosts 100 high school students from all over the country for a 4 day intensive experience where they learn how to put their goals into action.
Do you know a 13-18 year old high school student that might want to apply? The application process is super simple, students just have three questions to answer. The application field is wide and far, but the DDA accepts students from all backgrounds to attend this life changing trip. The deadline to apply for the 2018 class is October 31st, 2017!
A Magical Dinner
The menu was just incredible, I was really excited to eat all the things. I’ll just let the pictures speak for themselves!
Hanging out with old and new friends
We had really awesome conversation about everything under the sun. We laughed and laughed, and it was a really good time.
Upcoming Exciting Disney News Revealed!
- More cruise ships are afoot!: Disney Cruise Line is planning three new ships in the next phase of their expansion. By the time these three ships are sailing, they will have nearly doubled the size of their amazing fleet! (Remember when I checked out the Disney Cruise Line last year?!)
- Pandora is pretty amazing: I’m quite sad that I didn’t get to see Pandora when I visited Disney World on a solo trip last month. According to the pictures and the videos I need to see this up close and person! Stat! Check out this guide to Pandora from the Disney blogs: Best Tips, Tricks and Locations to Capture Stunning Photos of Pandora – The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Disney Springs Has Leveled All The Way Up: There are so many new fun restaurants and stores that have opened at Disney Springs over the last year! (Including a two level ZARA store! omg!) Now you have your choice of fine dining without ever having to enter a park! Check out More New Dining Spots for Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort at the Disney World Blog.
- TOY STORY LAND IS COMING IN 2018!: (yes, that deserved all caps!) as a huge Toy Story Fan, I am SO excited to enjoy this this new addition to the park! Toy Story Mania is actually one of my favorite rides in all four parks. –> Toy Story Land to Open at Walt Disney World Resort in Summer 2018
- A Brand New Star Wars addition!: The lands, both called Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, will allow guests to visit a remote trading port on the edge of wild space, where Star Wars characters and their stories come alive – and where guests will find themselves right in the middle of the action.
A Special Guest!
The dinner and activities were all perfect, but then there was the icing on the cake: Mickey had come all the way from Orlando just to hang with us in Philly! So fun!
[clickToTweet tweet=”5 New Additions to @DisneyParks and more at the #disneysmmc On The Road event in #Philadelphia!” quote=”5 New Additions to @DisneyParks and more at the #disneysmmc On The Road event in Philadelphia!” theme=”style6″]
For more Disney World Fun check out:
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Take A Solo Trip To Disney World
- 5 Reasons You Need To Book A Disney Cruise
- Disney Dreamers Academy Applications Closing Soon!
- Why I Am Obsessed With Disney’s Moana + Free Moana Movie Printables!
- 10 Must Have Preparation Tips For Disney World
- Disney Social Media Moms Celebration 2016: Family Travel & Animal Kingdom Park
Have you ever been to Philadelphia? What is your favorite ride at Disney World?