These Copycat Samoas Girl Scout Cookies are easy to make at home and a fun treat for kids! Easy ingredients makes for a delicious cookie!
What are samoas?
Samoas are a type of cookie that is popular in the United States. They are made with a buttery dough and typically have a coconut filling.
What is the difference between samoas and other cookies?
Samoas tend to be more dense and chewy than other types of cookies. They also usually have a higher fat content due to the butter and coconut.
Did the Girl scouts change the name of these cookies?
The Girl Scouts of the USA changed the name of these cookies to Caramel deLites in 2014.
Why are they called copycat Samoas?
These cookies are called copycat Samoas because they are a homemade version of the popular Girl Scout cookie.
What are the most popular girl scout cookies?
The most popular Girl Scout cookies are the Thin Mints, followed by the Samoas/Caramel deLites.
What is your favorite Girl Scout cookie?
My personal favorite Girl Scout cookie is the Samoa. I love the combination of the chewy cookie with the coconut filling and chocolate drizzle.
What ingredients do you need for these yummy cookies?
1/2 cup unsalted room temperature butter
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup of all purpose flour, scooped and leveled
1 tbsp whole milk
1/8 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1.5 cup thick caramel sauce
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups unsweetened coconut, toasted
1 cup melted, semi sweet chocolate, almond bark or candy melts.
Where can you serve these samoas?
You can serve these cookies at any type of party or gathering. They would also be great for a school bake sale or as a gift for someone special.
How do you store these cookies?
These cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Copycat Samoas Girl Scout Cookies
These popular girls scout cookies are so great and easy to make at home!
- 1/2 cup unsalted room temperature butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup of all purpose flour, scooped and leveled
- 1 tbsp whole milk
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1.5 cup thick caramel sauce
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut, toasted
- 1 cup melted, semi sweet chocolate, almond bark or candy melts.
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Cream the butter and sugar in a stand mixer or use a hand mixer until light and fluffy (about 4 mins).
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, milk and vanilla.
- Mix on medium speed until dough comes together.
- Cover and chill for 30-45 mins.
- While the dough is chilling, place the coconut on a parchment lined baking sheet and toast the coconut for 5 minutes. Stir on the tray and then continue toasting for 5 more minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- After the chill time for the dough has ended, remove from fridge and roll out the dough between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Cut out the donut shapes.
- Place cookies on parchment lined baking sheets and bake for 10-12 mins or until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool for 10-12 minutes on the baking sheet, then flip them over so that the bottoms cool and the tops will finish cooling as flat as possible.
- Add caramel sauce to the toasted coconut, stir well and set aside.
- Melt chocolate almond bark, candy coating or chocolate chips in the microwave on 30 second increments, stirring after each. If using candy melts or chips, add coconut oil or paramount crystals to thin out the chocolate.
- Dip the bottom of the cookies in chocolate and allow to set for about 15 mins at room temperature or pop in the fridge for 5-10 mins to speed up the process.
- Flip the cookies over and use the back of the spoon to add caramel to serve as the “glue” for the topping.
- Add coconut mixture to the top of the cookies.
- Chill for 20 mins.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the top using a piping bag or spoon. Let chocolate set 5-10 mins.
Pin it for later!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to check out my Instagram Page for the latest posts!
Before you go, check out these great posts!
Girl Scout Tagalong Cookies aka Peanut Butter Patties Recipe
Copycat Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies Recipe
Easy Layered S’mores Dessert Cookie Bars
Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!