Want to try something new for Breakfast? Check out these fun easy cinnamon roll pancakes that you can make for the family!
Who doesn’t love a great brunch.
The secret to making these pancakes turn out amazing, is to use pre-made cinnamon rolls! You can grab them from the grocery store and be sure to buy the GRANDS five pack, otherwise it might mess with the recipe.
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. You can get so creative with what you make and this fun recipe is a family favorite.
I have been doing a lot of fun things for brunch and breakfast on the weekends, because school mornings are so hustle and bustle.
This recipe is fun, but you need to be careful with the way you cook it. All instructions are included in the recipe card below but this is definitely not the way you make your regular pancakes. You have to have a bit more care with these yummy cinnamon roll pancakes.
Bake the cinnamon rolls as directed on the package, making sure to roll them out long and not too thick. Now comes the fun part!
Cut the cinnamon rolls into small pieces and place evenly over your pancake. Make sure there is a decent amount of dough for each piece (I call this the “filling” – makes it feel like you’re really eating a big ol’ cinnamon roll).
Place another pancake on top of the dough, again being careful with how thick you make this pancake. I don’t use syrup with these because they are so sweet but go ahead and eat them however you prefer your pancakes best!
It’s very important that you use a skillet WITH A TOP. The top will come in handy for this cooking process.
What ingredients do you need for these Cinnamon Roll Pancakes? Just 3 simple ingredients.
5 GRANDS Cinnamon Rolls
Pancake batter (enough for 8-10 pancakes)
Enjoy! If you make these fun pancakes be sure to tag and follow me on Instagram!
This fun brunch recipe is great to make on the weekends. With 3 simple ingredients, the family will love it!
- 5 GRANDS Cinnamon Rolls
- Pancake batter (enough for 8-10 pancakes)
- Prepare pancake mix according to package instructions Open cinnamon roll can.
- Set icing to the side to come to room temperature Separate each cinnamon roll from one another.
- Heat pan over medium-low heat.
- Spray with a nonstick butter-flavored cooking spray.
- Unwrap the cinnamon roll, place it in the pan and loosely rewrap it
- Add 1/4 cup of pancake mix all over the cinnamon roll filling in the open spaces. Add 2 tbsp water to the hot skillet and cover.
- Cook on first side 2-3 mins (until water evaporates)
- Flip it over add another 1-2 tbsp of water and cover.
- Remove from pan and top with icing.
- The residual heat will melt the icing.
- Add maple syrup if you'd like.
- Serve and Enjoy
If it smells like it is burning-it is. Turn the fire down. We are steaming the pancake/cinnamon roll to cook it.
This works best with the 5 count large Grands biscuits. If using the smaller one, they don't easily come apart and it is a little more difficult.
You could dip the smaller ones in pancake batter and follow the same process of steaming them but it takes a little longer.
This needs to be medium-low heat as to not overcook the batter too quickly where the inside is still raw.
If it is raw in the center, your fire is up too high.
Rinse the pan to cool it back down to control the temperature.
I would recommend only doing one at a time, I tried two at once, but they burned.
Amount Per Serving Calories 322Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 5mgSodium 573mgCarbohydrates 57gFiber 1gSugar 22gProtein 5g
Pin it for later!