These perfect gingersnap cookies have a chewy center and they are so delicious! These are some of my favorite cookies to make during the holiday season.
If there anything more perfect than soft gingersnap cookies? These chewy cookies are so good and bring back so many memories for me because my grandmother absolutely loved gingersnap cookies. This great recipe makes cookies with crisp edges and a chewy texture on the inside of these holiday cookies.
There are so many cookie recipes that you can choose from this holiday season but the first time you make these ginger cookies you will be in love!
What ingredients are in this amazing gingersnap cookie recipe?
parchment paper baking sheet
Small Cookie Scoop
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature 1/4 cup shortening
1 cup granulated white sugar
1/4 cup molasses
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, scooped and leveled 2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2-3 tbsp milk or flavored coffee creamer
You won’t need any brown sugar, black pepper, fresh ginger for these soft gingersnaps.
This gingersnap recipe is my favorite cookie recipe. It’s a soft cookie that fits perfectly on an holiday cookie tray. It’s great for cookie exchanges as well! It’s going to be your new favorite holiday cookie. These chewy gingersnaps are a traditional cookie with crackly tops with a hint of sweetness and go really well with your favorite hot chocolate.
It’s one of those dessert recipes that will become one of your favorite holiday treats. Christmas time is the perfect time to make these soft molasses cookies. If you have any leftover you can certainly store them in an airtight container.
These gingersnap cookies have crispy edges and a chewy center. There are great for cookies exchanges and holiday gatherings.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, scooped and leveled 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Optional Frosting:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp milk or flavored coffee creamer
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Place cold egg still in its shell in a bowl of warm water to bring it to room temperature. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
- Cream the butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy (4-5 mins)
- Add in the egg and incorporate fully
- Add in the molasses and mix until just combined.
- Add in the flour, ginger, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- Bear until incorporated.
- Scoop even sized balls onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 mins until lightly browned and crinkly.
- Let cool on baking rack completely.
- For the frosting
- Combine 1/2 cup powdered sugar with 2 tbsp milk or heavy cream. Stir until icing is the consistency of your choosing.
- Drizzle cookies with frosting.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days (swap out a piece of bread to the container daily to keep them fresh)
Amount Per Serving Calories 312Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 23mgSodium 316mgCarbohydrates 48gFiber 1gSugar 27gProtein 3g
Pin it for later:
If you liked this recipe be sure to tag and follow us on Instagram for more!
Check out these awesome cookie recipes before you go: