Looking for a dessert that will knock your socks off? Check out this amazing Brown Butter Sweet Potato pie! You will absolutely love this yummy dessert for the holidays or anytime!
Pies are super popular around the holidays, it’s a tradition after all. For this recipe you will be using fresh sweet potatoes and delicious filling ingredients. This is the best sweet potato pie recipe you will enjoy this fall. This recipe is definitely different from the popular sweet potato casserole.
What ingredients do you need?
2 homemade or store-bought 9-inch pie crust
1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
2 cups mashed sweet potato (about 1.5 pounds)
1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
3/4 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 cup evaporated milk
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tsp cookie nip (or 1/2 tsp caramel flavoring + 1/2 tsp butter flavoring)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
You won’t need any sour cream, heavy cream, lemon juice, orange juice or sweet potato puree for this recipe.
If you are getting ready for a fun holiday gathering be sure to make this browned butter sweet potato pie. It’s made with your favorite spices and it is the main reason to bake this fall!
What equipment do you need for this brown butter sweet potato pie?
Hand or Stand electric Mixer
Potato Masher, optional
Measuring cups and spoons
No plastic wrap, aluminum foil, parchment paper or food processor need to make this amazing pie. There are so many talking about the patti pie but this recipe is the best one! The sweet potato mixture in the flaky pie crust pie shell is just so good.
- 2 homemade or store-bought 9-inch pie crust
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 cups mashed sweet potato (about 1.5 pounds)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cookie nip (or 1/2 tsp caramel flavoring + 1/2 tsp butter flavoring) 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Place the unsalted butter in a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat, whisk (to scrape the bottom of the pan)
- Reduce the heat slightly to medium high and allow the butter to continue to cook about 7-8 mins.
- It will begin to brown and give off a nutty aroma, remove from heat.
- Allow brown butter to cool in a glass container (with the brown bits) for about 30 mins
- Peel, Chop, and boil sweet potatoes (5-6 medium-sized)
- Cook until tender (about 15 mins), drain, and mash.
- Mix sweet potatoes and brown butter until smooth.
- Add in brown & granulated sugars, evaporated milk, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and flour.
- Mix until combined.
- Cover the edges of the pie crust with aluminum foil (to keep them from burning). Pour filling into pie crusts.
- Place pie crusts on baking sheets to keep them level in the oven while baking. Bake for 45-55 mins
- Remove from oven and let cool so the center can set.
- Can be served warm, but is best after it has had time to set fully.
Amount Per Serving Calories 458Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 92mgSodium 177mgCarbohydrates 58gFiber 2gSugar 41gProtein 5g
If you make this be sure to tag and follow me on Instagram for more recipes!
Pin it for later!