Home fitness gear 6 Amazing Indoor Workouts For Runners

6 Amazing Indoor Workouts For Runners

6 Amazing Indoor Workouts For Runners

Check out these 6 workouts for runners the next time you need a quick sweat session while stuck inside.

Whether it’s due to weather or something else like a lockdown, sometimes you have to move indoors in order to workout. I personally love my Peloton workouts, but there are some other times where we need to do some effective workouts that will replace (and enhance!) running outside.

Today I am partnering up with some of the best runner bloggers out there to share our favorite indoor workouts. To kick off our series we are talking about workouts that you can do at home. I have dedicated my own workout to my love of lunges.

I love how quickly they get my heart up and how my legs involuntarily shake at the end of the workout! Plus it costs nothing to do lunges it’s a body weight exercise that does wonders for your running.

Check out the lunge workout you can do at home, it is not easy—but your quads will thank you! Remember, the stronger your quads, the stronger your running! It’s a manageable workout that will take about a half hour if you go through it 3-4 times.

Indoor Sweat Session

These exercises are excellent for building quad strength!

lunges (1)

Do 12 reps on each leg for one round

Complete 3 Rounds

• Curtsey Lunges
  • Lift Off Lunges
  • Reverse Lunges
  • Forward Lunges
  • Side To Side Lunges
  • Round The world Lunges (Front, Side, Back)

I particularly love this workout because it requires no equipment. You are more than welcome to add dumbbells to the moves but they are great without them too!

Check out 5 more workouts below by these amazing runner bloggers!

Laura from This Runner’s Recipes

Stuck Inside Sweat Session - TRR

Carly from Fine Fit Day

Indoor workout pin exercises

Angela from Happy Fit Mama
Try this bodyweight tabata the next time you are stuck inside and need a quick sweat session. happyfitmama.com

Allie from Vita Train for Life

Stuck inside sweat session - Vita Train 4 Life

Sarah from Run Far Girl

Indoor Sweat Session for Runners-RunFarGirl

Liked these indoor workouts for runners? Check out these Four Effective 30 Minute Workouts For Runners!

What is your favorite go to indoor workouts for runners? How do you cope when you can’t run outside?

Allie February 24, 2016 - 5:25 am

Obviously I love this series! But, I have to say, all those lunges are making my legs shake just by looking at them. Of course I will have to try it 🙂 Lunge variety does make for powerful running. Thanks for your workout!!

Janine Huldie February 24, 2016 - 7:05 am

Even though I am clearly not a runner, so need some help on my indoor workouts, so cannot thank you enough for sharing a few good ones here today, Nellie!! 🙂

Angela February 24, 2016 - 7:11 am

Thanks so much for sharing your awesome workout to the round up! Strong, fierce ladies unite!!! And lunges? Oh my legs!

Laura February 24, 2016 - 10:59 am

I love lunges! All those lunges make my legs quake just thinking about them but I know I’d be grateful for them on race day. I love this series and am so excited to try all of the workouts once my race is over in a few days!

Carly February 24, 2016 - 11:08 am

Holy lunges, lady!! I can’t wait to try this (because I’m a crazy masochist, lol). So excited to be working with you on this awesome workout round up series!

Tamara February 24, 2016 - 4:36 pm

These are so awesome! Although the lunges make me tired just by reading about them. Cassidy loves to run but is out of sorts with that, and hurt his shoulder last time he was running.
I wonder if he’ll love this list.

Cindy Hoffman February 27, 2016 - 6:54 pm

Wow, nice workouts there. Of all the workouts and exercises that I love to get myself into I love running. And I guess doing some of these workouts will also blend well with my running. I will surely try some of them out.

Thanks

Cindy

Leslie March 3, 2016 - 9:18 pm

Oooh! So many great workouts! And since the snow is falling here yet again, it looks like indoor workouts are exactly what I’ll be needing tomorrow. Thanks for sharing all of these!

Runner's At Home Workout - Monthly Workout Round Up - Fine Fit Day January 24, 2017 - 9:52 pm

[…] Nellie from Brooklyn Active Mama knows how to keep her running legs strong and powerful – lunges, baby! Here is her amazing lunges workout: […]