A couple of weeks ago I was invited to join media and other awesome bloggers to learn more about the Toy Story Land coming to Disney World on June 30. I am SO excited to share with you guys all of the awesome new rides, sights and sounds coming to Hollywood Studios in just a matter of months!
NYC Toy Story Land Press Event
I traveled over to the west side of NYC with the view of the Intrepid boat right across the street from our location. Like every Disney event, they do things BIG. A life size Slinkie the dog ride was brought into Manhattan over night to make an appearance on Good Morning America, then hang out with US!
We were treated to drinks with fun Buzz Lightyear clips and the cutest themed food choices that included Mac & Cheese, Tater Tots, Grilled Chicken and tons more. We were all randomly assigned to tables so it was nice to chat with other bloggers that I haven’t seen in a while. We were ALL super pumped about Toy Story Land because this is a BIG deal and one of the most loved movies of all time that is coming to life!
What is Toy Story Land?
Guests in Toy Story Land – located at Disney’s Hollywood Studios – will feel like they have shrunk to the size of a toy as Woody, Jessie, Buzz, Slinky Dog, the Aliens, Green Army Men and other fun-loving Toy Story characters come to life in the larger-than-life outdoor setting of Andy’s backyard.
And what a backyard! In a rich and colorful landscape straight from his vivid imagination, Andy has set up his toys for the best playtime ever. Guests will be surrounded by giant building blocks, game board pieces and more.
Across eleven fun-filled acres, Toy Story Land will include two all-new attractions and one expanded favorite. Guests will whoosh along on a family-friendly roller coaster behind Slinky Dog, take a spin with flying saucers in toy spaceships and score high on the midway.
Toy Story Land will also celebrate what once defined entertainment for a generation. Crayons, Rubik’s Cubes, Cooties, Green Army Men and other toys and games will pour on the nostalgia for park-goers. Even the lampposts will be shaped like Tinkertoys.
Toy Story Land Presentation
We all got to hear from some of the Disney specialists that built the land, but unfortunately we were not allowed to take any photo or video. Never fear though, I could never leave you hanging like that. Here is what we learned about the upcoming additions:
- Slinky Dog Dash. Andy has assembled his roller coaster kit for maximum family fun. Tracks and supports in bright colors of red, orange, yellow and blue are put together according to Andy’s hand-drawn plans, with Rex and Jessie lending a hand. And to complete his creation, Andy picked up everyone’s favorite floppy-eared dachshund with a strrrrretch-ing slinky coil belly and dropped it on to the coaster track. Get ready to ride inside Slinky Dog’s coils! Slinky Dog Dash is inspired by the delightful pooch spinoff of Slinky, the 1950s American toy classic. Riders of all ages will delight as Slinky Dog bends and twists his coils around curves, hills, bridges and drops in the Slinky-est coaster ever. Riders will zip around and above Toy Story Land, serving up panoramic views of all that the new land has to offer. Andy’s colorful creation will stretch Slinky Dog and his coils to the max – from his head to his upturned tail – and be fun for the entire family.
- Alien Swirling Saucers. Brace yourself for out-of-this-world thrills because the aliens have powered up their flying saucers! Alien Swirling Saucers will immerse guests in the playful world of Andy’s toys. This galactic space toy is designed as a play set that Andy won at the Pizza Planet restaurant. Adorable little Toy Story green Aliens swirl about in their flying saucers with guests in tow in their rocket-ship toys, while “The Claw” hangs overhead. This space adventure is bathed in music reimagined for intergalactic fun, dappled with multi-color lighting and sound effects from throughout galaxies.
- Toy Story Mania! While Andy’s away, the toys will play. One of the most beloved attractions at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Toy Story Mania!, gets an all-new colorful toy carnival game box entrance when the new land opens. In fact, this is the box that the Toy Story Mania! game came in. Recently updated with a third track, the popular attraction will put even more guests in the carnival playset action taking aim at 3D objects – using everything from baseballs to cream pies – in a variety of whimsical, fast-paced games. To the high-scorer go bragging rights.
- When it’s time for on-the-go refreshments, Woody’s Lunch Box will serve up tasty meals and old-fashioned soda floats from a walk-up window in a setting surrounded by Andy’s favorite toys and a giant vintage thermos. Woody’s Lunch Box will also feature Mini Babybel – the Official Snack Cheese of Walt Disney World Resort.
- Toy Story Land is part of a multi-year reimagining of Disney’s Hollywood Studios and the largest expansion in the theme park’s history. Next year will see the premiere of the all-new, 14-acre Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. This new land will allow guests to visit a remote trading port on the edge of wild space, where Star Wars characters and their stories come to life – and where guests will find themselves in the middle of the action. Also coming in 2019 is Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway. The first ever Mickey-themed ride-through attraction will feature new technology, dazzling visual effects and mind-boggling transformations that put guests in the whacky and unpredictable world of a Mickey Mouse cartoon short.
Toy Story Land Interview With Ryan Wineinger, Disney Imagineer
While I was in Walt Disney World for the Disney Social Media Moms Conference I was able to secure and interview Ryan Wineinger, Art Director and Disney Imagineer about the upcoming Toy Story Land, check it out!
[clickToTweet tweet=”A behind the scenes look at #toystoryland with exclusive photo and video! #Disney #DisneySMMC” quote=”A behind the scenes look at #toystoryland with exclusive photo and video! #Disney #DisneySMMC” theme=”style3″]
What is your favorite land in Walt Disney World? Are you going to visit Toy Story Land?