These amazing air fryer sweet potato chips are super healthy and great for a easy snack. Made crispy and delicious in your air fryer!
What are sweet potato chips?
Sweet potato chips are a type of chip that is made from sweet potatoes. They are usually fried or baked, and can be either thick or thin. Sweet potato chips are a popular snack food, and are often served with dips such as ketchup or salsa.
Are sweet potato chips healthy?
Yes, sweet potato chips can be a healthy snack option. Sweet potatoes are a good source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. They are also low in calories and fat. When choosing sweet potato chips, look for those that are baked or air-fried, and have little to no added salt or fat.
What is the best way to eat sweet potato chips?
There is no wrong way to eat sweet potato chips! They can be enjoyed as a snack on their own, or with dips such as ketchup or salsa. Sweet potato chips can also be added to salads or used as a topping on burgers or sandwiches.
How do you make sweet potato chips in the air fryer?
Making sweet potato chips in the air fryer is easy! Simply slice your sweet potatoes into thin chips, and then place them in the basket of your air fryer. Cook at a high temperature until crispy, and then enjoy!
Do you have to peel sweet potatoes for chips?
No, you do not need to peel sweet potatoes for chips. However, you may want to give them a good wash before slicing into them.
What is the nutritional value of sweet potato chips?
Sweet potato chips are a good source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. They are also low in calories and fat. When choosing sweet potato chips, look for those that are baked or air-fried, and have little to no added salt or fat.
What are some other ways to enjoy sweet potatoes?
There are many ways to enjoy sweet potatoes! They can be baked, roasted, mashed, or even made into fries. Sweet potatoes are also a great addition to soups and stews.
Be sure to try these easy sweet potato recipes:
- The Best Sweet Potato Biscuits Recipe
- Creative and Delicious Sweet Potato Recipes For Any Occasion
- Amazing Brown Butter Sweet Potato Pie For Dessert
- Sweet Potato Bread Pudding With Homemade Maple Sauce
- Southern Sweet Potato Casserole With Crunchy Pecan Topping
These easy and healthy sweet potato chips are so good and easy to make in the air fryer!
- ⁃ 3 large, sweet potatoes
- ⁃ 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ⁃ 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- ⁃ 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ⁃ 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Wash the potatoes of any dirt and roots.
- Slice the potatoes thinly and soak in cold water for 20 minutes
- Remove slices and place on layered paper towels to dry for 20 minutes. Soaking and drying help remove excess Starch that will prevent crisping.
- Toss the slices in a bowl with oil and spices.
- Lay slices in the air fryer basket but do not overlay the slices.
- Cook each batch of chips at 370° for 15 minutes or until crispy.
- Let cool down and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 182Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 181mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 5gSugar 9gProtein 3g
Pin it for later!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to check out my Instagram Page for the latest posts!
Before you go, check out these great posts!