These adorable Easter Egg Rice krispie Treats are so fun and yummy! A great Easter treat for the entire family!
Who doesn’t love Rice Krispie Treats? They are so versatile! You can make them in the colors of your choice and today we will be making them in a egg shapes for the Easter holiday!
We used bright spring colors then dipped them in candy melts and added sprinkles! You won’t need a plastic egg, you can save the plastic easter eggs for the easter basket.
For this recipe you will be shaping the rice cereal marshmallow mixture into an egg shape with your hands.
These rice krispie eggs and so fun to make with the whole family. It’s an easy recipe and a fun way to create the perfect treat. These easter egg rice krispies are made with bright colors through drops if food coloring.
Can you add food coloring to melted marshmallows?
Yes, you can add food coloring to melted marshmallows. You will want to use a small amount of food coloring and mix it in until you reach the desired color. Be sure to test the color before adding it to the rice krispie treats, as different brands of food coloring can produce different results.
Can you use food coloring on Rice Krispies?
Yes, you can use food coloring on Rice Krispies. These rice krispie easter egg treats are great for the easter dessert table at easter brunch.
Where would you serve these Easter Egg Rice Krispie Treats?
You could serve these Easter Egg Rice Krispie Treats at a brunch, Easter dinner, or even an Easter egg hunt. They are sure to be a hit with both kids and adults!
We hope you enjoy this fun and festive Easter recipe! These Rice Krispie treats are so much fun for Easter!
What ingredients do you need for Easter Egg Rice Krispie treats?
4 ½ Tbsp Butter + 1-2 Additional Tbsp
7 ½ Cups Mini Marshmallows (about 1 ½ bags)
6 Cups Rice Krispies Cereal
1-2 Cups White Candy Melts
3 Colors Food Coloring
Super easy ingredients for these fun easter treats you can get from the grocery store! It’s a no bake dessert that little hands can help with! It’s a fun sweet treat and a delicious dessert and will be one of the best parts of your easter egg basket!
It’s an easy easter treat with a few drops of food coloring. Most would think that you have to use the inside of a plastic easter egg, but you can actually shape the cereal mixture yourself.
These super fun Easter Egg Rice Krispie Treats are so fun and yummy! Great for Easter brunch and or any Easter dessert table.
- 4 ½ Tbsp Butter + 1-2 Additional Tbsp
- 7 ½ Cups Mini Marshmallows (about 1 ½ bags)
- 6 Cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1-2 Cups White Candy Melts
- Easter Sprinkles
- 3 Colors Food Coloring
- Place 1 ½ Tbsp Butter and 2 ½ Cups Marshmallows in a medium size pot on low/med and heat, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth.
- Add in a few drops of food coloring and stir until well incorporated, add more colors to reach desired color.
- Remove from heat and add in cereal. Mix until the cereal is evenly coated.
- Scoop out the mixture in approximately 1/4 cups, butter the palms of your hands and finger so that it doesn’t stick.
- Press the mixture into egg shapes and place them on a piece of wax paper or parchment paper to cool. Continue until the entire mixture is shaped into eggs.
- Repeat this process with the next two colors.
- Place the candy melts in a double boiler or microwave safe bowl and melt until smooth.
- Place your sprinkles in a shallow dish.
- Dip each egg half way into the chocolate and then sprinkle with sprinkles. Place on wax paper or parchment to cool.
- Repeat with additional eggs until all of them have been dipped and covered with sprinkles.
Amount Per Serving Calories 341Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 11mgSodium 147mgCarbohydrates 74gFiber 0gSugar 43gProtein 2g
Pin it for later!