Cotton Candy Cupcakes
Prepare perfectly sweet and enjoyable Cotton Candy Cupcakes that children will love and adults can enjoy just as much! These cupcakes are easy to prepare and assemble, making them an excellent choice for any event.
When you have a birthday party or special event you’re planning to attend, bring something sweet, fun, and delicious with these Cotton Candy Cupcakes.
They look good and taste even better. You’re sure to leave a lasting impression on friends and family when preparing these cupcakes with easy-to-find ingredients.
Why Make CottonCandy Cupcakes?
If you love cotton candy and cupcakes, combine the sweet candy with a fulfilling dessert to make the best Cupcakes you’ve ever tasted.
You can make these cupcakes with simple ingredients, including a box of white cake mix, vanilla buttercream, and some cotton candy that you can easily find and add to your cupcakes.
You’ll also give the cupcakes more of a cotton candy taste by incorporating the cotton candy flavoring into the mixture. You’re going to love the ways these cupcakes turn out!
Where can I find cotton candy?
You may think that you need to go to the fair to get cotton candy, but that isn’t true. You can easily find cotton candy in most grocery stores.
Check the candy aisle to see if you can find it in a bag or plastic container. If not, check your local Dollar Tree or Dollar General because they’ll usually have plenty of cotton candy available.
Which type of cake mix do I need to use?
You’ll need a box of white cake mix for this recipe. However, the brand of the cake mix doesn’t matter. You can choose from any of your favorites, such as Pillsbury, Duncan Hines, or even Betty Crocker. If you prefer using a generic brand, it’s fine!
If you enjoyed these fun cupcakes be sure to tag and follow us on Instagram for more!
These cotton candy cupcakes are not only gorgeous, they are delicious too! These colorful cupcakes are super fun for any occasion!
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream or buttermilk 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp lorann cotton candy flavor Vanilla buttercream
- Cotton Candy
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add cake mix, eggs, sour cream and oil to the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix on low with a paddle attachment.
- Once incorporated add the cotton candy flavoring.
- Evenly divide the batter between (2) 12 cavity cupcake tins
- Bake in cupcake liners for 15-18 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from oven once done and let cupcakes cool for at least 20-25 mins.
- Add vanilla buttercream to a piping bag fitted with a 1M decorating tip
- Pipe a thick circle around the top of the cupcake and top with a broken off piece of Cotton candy.
The buttermilk or sour cream addition makes for a softer crumb (what people consider a moist cake).
It also aids with cutting a bit of sweetness from the cupcake. Other possible cake mix options: Confetti
Amount Per Serving Calories 169Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 55mgSodium 80mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 0gSugar 7gProtein 3g
Before you go, grab Your Free Printable Recipe Kit —Today!
Write down your favorite recipes and create your own personal cookbook of your favorite food creations!