Chocolate covered strawberries are not only romantic but they are so delicious! Here is an easy fool-proof recipe that you will love!
Have you ever made chocolate covered strawberries? If you haven’t they are amazing! I have mentioned before that strawberries are probably my favorite fruit on the planet but these treats take it to another level!
When to have Chocolate Covered Strawberries?
Whether it’s for Valentine’s Day or another fun occasion like a wedding anniversary or something else super romantic — these are so perfect! I’ll be honest though, the kids couldn’t stay away from these either!
What kind of ingredients do I need to make these Chocolate Covered Strawberries?
All you need are 4 ingredients!
1 pack of fresh strawberries (I always pick some up at the grocery store because SO GOOD)
1 cup white candy melts
1 cup red candy melts and
of course don’t forget the sprinkles!
If you have never worked with candy melts, they do exactly what the name says, they melt super easily in a bowl.
When should I serve these amazing strawberries?
Definitely for Valentine’s Day because what is more romantic and fun than these? Any fun love related occasion is nice but if you are looking for a sweet not so bad for you treat, these work too!
These amazing chocolate covered strawberries are not only tasty but easy to make! Celebrate your next romantic occasion with these delicious treats!
- 1 pack fresh strawberries
- 1 cup white candy melts
- 1 cup red candy melts
- Red, White and Pink Sprinkles
- Rinse and drain your strawberries
- Pat them dry on a paper towel ensuring no water left on them, as this will harden the chocolate.
- Melt the candy melts for 45 seconds at regular temp in your microwave.
- Stir and return to the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir until smooth, if a few lumps are still present, return to microwave in 15 second increments until it is all melted and smooth.
- Once the chocolate is melted set up your workstation with parchment paper, sprinkles and chocolate.
- Stick a skewer through the top of the strawberry and dip into the chocolate, run the bottom across the side of the bowl to help drain off excess chocolate.
- Place onto parchment paper and let air dry 10-15 mins.
Add sprinkles immediately if you are not going to add a second color or design.
- If adding a second color (as pictured) let the strawberries set completely before creating a pattern on the berries.
- Cut a small hole in the tip of the piping bag and squeeze melted chocolate as you move your hands in a back and forth motion across the top of the berries, careful not to touch the tip of the bag on the set chocolate.
- Add sprinkles or leave as is. Let set fully 15-20 mins before serving.
The chocolate should not be piping hot, this will burn it. It will be melted and should easily flow from piping bag.
If you loved these chocolate covered strawberries be sure to check out The Prettiest and Most Delicious Valentine’s Day Cookies!