These super fun Birthday Confetti sandwich cookies are easy to make and perfect for any celebration! Made with two cookies and a yummy marshmallow center, and cake mix!
Have you ever had a whoopie pie? I remember my first time having one. I must have been in the first or second grade, and I bought one from the bodega with my own quarter that I had earned cleaning up.
It was so yummy! Like honestly, what is better than putting a delicious marshmallow filling in between two amazing cookies?!
This recipe is super easy because it actually uses cake mix! They may look like ice cream sandwiches but they are not! You can make them and serve them room temperature or even cold–but you won’t have to worry about any melting!
What tools do I need to make these Birthday Confetti Whoopie Pies?
Uncoated Sprinkles – These are the ones that are used!
What ingredients are in these amazing birthday confetti cookie sandwiches?
Ingredients for cookies:
1 box vanilla cake mix
1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1⁄4 cup uncoated sprinkles
Ingredients for Marshmallow icing
1 7.5oz jar of marshmallow fluff
1/2 stick butter
2 tsp vanilla
Where should I serve these awesome homemade whoopie pies??
Birthdays are a great place to start! These would be fun for any celebration honestly, they fit right in, are super festive and of course will be a crowd pleaser! The best past is that they can sit on the table without much fuss!
These fun confetti cookie sandwiches are filled with a yummy marshmallow filling and covered with sprinkles!
- 1 box vanilla cake mix 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup uncoated sprinkles
- Marshmallow icing
- 1 7.5oz jar of marshmallow fluff 1/2 stick butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375
- Add cake mix, eggs, oil, vanilla and sprinkles to a large bowl and stir until fully incorporated. Using a small cookie scoop, scoop even balls of the cookie dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Leave 2 inches between each ball of dough so it has room to expand
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10-12 mins or until the edges begin to brown.
- All to cool.
- Make the marshmallow icing by beating fluff and butter until smooth.
- Add in the confectioners sugar a little at time beating until smooth.
- Icing should not be super stiff but fall into a ribbon pattern.
- Using the same scooper from the cookies, add one scoop of icing to the cooled cookies. Roll in the sprinkles.
- Serve at room temperature or serve cold.
These sandwiches will mimic an ice cream sandwich if chilled or lightly frozen, without melting. If the icing doesn’t fall in a ribbon pattern, add a teaspoon of water to loosen it up a bit.
Avoid a wax coated sprinkle for this dessert. It will make for a better tasting experience!
Amount Per Serving Calories 343Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 41mgSodium 381mgCarbohydrates 56gFiber 1gSugar 33gProtein 3g