This is going to sound weird but it won’t if you have been rocking with me on the blog for a while. I have the weirdest, pickiest food habits. I’ll give you a few examples of what I mean:
Wonderful Pistachio Chocolate Brownie Cookies
These easy-to-make cookies pack a ton of chocolate punch with gorgeous green Wonderful Pistachios to make them festive.
Prep: 20 minutes / Time to Table: 40 minutes / Makes: 4 dozen
⅓ cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
16 ounces chopped dark chocolate (about 2¾ cups)
¼ cup unsalted butter (4 tablespoons)
3 eggs, plus 1 egg yolk
¾ cup light brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
2 cups, shelled Wonderful Pistachios Roasted & Salted, roughly chopped
3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped (about ⅓ cup)
2 teaspoons flaked sea salt
- Heat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Place chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in the microwave until just hot and butter is melted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove bowl from heat and stir mixture, until completely melted; set aside to cool.
- Beat eggs and both sugars in an electric mixer, with the whisk attachment, at medium speed, about 5 minutes, until thickened and light. Pour cooled chocolate mixture in two batches, mixing after each addition. Add flour mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in 1½ cups Wonderful Pistachios by hand.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of dough, about 2 inches apart, onto baking sheets. Bake about 10 minutes, alternating pans half-way through, until cookies are puffed and cracked on top. Remove to wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Meanwhile, chop remaining Wonderful Pistachios finely. Melt bittersweet chocolate. Place wire rack with cookies on baking sheet. Drizzle chocolate over cookies and sprinkle with remaining finely chopped Wonderful Pistachios and flaked sea salt.
Wonderful Pistachios, Peach and Barley Salad
A fresh summer salad with the crunch of Wonderful Pistachios and delicious peaches.
Prep: 15 minutes / Time to Table: 1 hour a 5 minutes / Serves: 4
⅔ cup pearled barley
1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
2 cups trimmed green beans
¼ cup pistachio oil, or olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
3 cups baby arugula
2 ripe peaches, sliced ¼-inch thick
⅓ cup crumbled ricotta salata
⅓ cup shelled Wonderful Pistachios Roasted & Salted, roughly chopped
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in barley, reduce to a simmer, and cover. Cook about 45 minutes, until barley is tender and water is absorbed. Remove from heat, and set aside 10 minutes. Add parsley, fluff barley with a fork and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring water to a boil in another saucepan; boil string beans about 5 minutes, until crisp and tender. Blanch in ice water and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk pistachio oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper; toss with arugula, string beans, and half the sliced peaches.
- Place greens mixture on individual plates. Top with a scoop of barley, remaining peaches, ricotta salata and pistachios. Season with additional salt and pepper if desired.