Home healthy living 5 Simple Ways To Reduce Stress

5 Simple Ways To Reduce Stress

With so much going on it is so important that we take good care of ourselves. Here are some very easy and manageable ways to reduce stress on a daily basis!

If I had a nickel for every time one of my girlfriends talked about how stressed out they were I’d be a billionaire. The fact of the matter is–we all have some form of stress in our lives–whether it’s our kids, living situation, spouse, school, job, parents—whatever it is we all have stress. It all comes down to how we manage it.

Stress is completely unhealthy for you. It can mess with your sleep, your mood and even your body chemistry. It certainly has a negative effect on weight loss. Here are 5 ways to reduce stress because we all need to relax a little bit!

8 Ways To Self Care To Start The New Year – Free Printable

Massage:

Take the time out to get a professional massage. I personally am a fan of massages because it forces you to lie still and allow your muscles to relax completely.

I would opt for a 60 minute massage but even a 10-30 minute massage can do wonders for your stress levels!

Call a friend:

We all have that friend or family member that gives us advice and helps us see things more clearly. Sometimes all you need is a listening ear from someone with an objective view. Plus the sound of that special someone’s voice is likely to ease a lot of the stress.

Easy Self Care Tips To Treat Your Body Right

Bond with Nature:

Have you ever noticed that taking a walk in the park is incredibly soothing? Something about the fresh air and the sun can be very restorative.

Grab some vitamin D–even on a cold day, and take some time to admire the beautiful Earth.

Explore your city:

Go to the city nearest you and explore! Do the tourist experience and see your city from a different point of view. Bonus points if you do this by yourself!

Dance like no one is watching:

Put on your favorite song and just move. Throw your hands up–drop it all the way low–whatever you need to do to express yourself and how you feel when you hear that favorite song.

Bonus points if you sing out loud too. There is magic healing power in music, don’t be afraid to use it!

How do you reduce stress? Anything missing from the list?

If you liked these tips be sure to check out 5 Ways to Self Care When Things Get Crazy!

Janine Huldie April 20, 2015 - 5:06 am

Great suggestions and have done all of these, especially the massage to reduce stress! 😉

CARLA April 20, 2015 - 5:28 am

I ROCK (pun intended) number five.
The rest? I NEED TO WORK ON.

Kristina Walters April 20, 2015 - 5:50 am

I love your list! The way I am getting through my divorce is running! Exercise is my way of reducing the stress that I have been going through.

Allie April 20, 2015 - 5:59 am

Go for a run!!! 🙂 My favorite form of stress release is definitely exercise but I also love to relax with a nice glass of wine…and my husband…or if he’s causing the stress, then a good friend – hahaha!!

Lashawn April 20, 2015 - 8:15 am

I so agree with the massage!!! I need one right now!

Britt April 20, 2015 - 11:10 am

Dancing is a huge one for me. It’s hard to feel stressed when you are doing Zumba. The moves are sometimes a little silly and they make me laugh. Plus, good music puts me in a good mood.

Kita April 20, 2015 - 1:49 pm

I usually go for a walk or listen to music both help me reduce stress. I also will read a book that helps me a lot.

Kim April 20, 2015 - 8:53 pm

It has been way too long since I had a massage!!
I don’t always dance but I crank music and sing loudly – and I’m not a singer at all!

K. Elizabeth April 21, 2015 - 1:13 am

Dancing and nature are great ways I like to help reduce stress. I’ve made it a habit to dance with the kids at last once a day. We throw on some Radio Disney and go crazy. We even started a balcony garden and can’t wait until we harvest our first veggie!

Leslie April 21, 2015 - 11:14 am

Great post, Nellie! Stress is really terrible for your body. In the last few weeks, I’ve spent a LOT of time outside (preparing our yard for summer…yay!). It’s been absolutely wonderful and healing. Though I’ve been known to blast some pretty heavy-hitting rock & roll in the car after a stressful day of work. You’re spot on when you say that music is healing.

Tamara April 21, 2015 - 4:59 pm

I like these because they’re unique. I often gloss over stress-relieving tips because they’re so.. dull. And they don’t work for me.
True I’ve never had a massage, but I can dance with my hands in the air! And calling a loved one is key.

Cassandre April 22, 2015 - 4:29 pm

taking a walk is a big one for me. sometimes I just need to step away from the insanity of life. a massage and mani/pedi is also a great one and dinner with close friends/family.

Lastly,i would add “ALCOHOL”.. a glass of wine, melts the stress away LOL

Brooke of Passport Couture October 25, 2015 - 9:27 pm

Exploring is great advice! I find when I’m stressed, getting out and wandering around or going for a jog is so helpful. I feel more focused and able to take on my daily tasks and expectations rather than worry about finishing up tasks.