So I have decided to do it again.
Blog every single day for the month of November. It’s madness, it’s insanity and usually I am begging for mercy by November 15th but I did it last year and it was the best blog exercise that I have ever done.
(Not to mention that I switched from blogger to self hosted WordPress and went through the aftermath of a Hurricane all in the midst of NaBloPoMo last year! I don’t think anything crazy like that is happening this month but who knows!)
Blogging daily is brutal, but before I did NaBloPoMo last year, I was posting two to three times a week because I thought that was all I could handle. I also didn’t want to overwhelm my readers. The exercise not only raised my numbers significantly, but it pushed me out of my own little box–when it was done all of a sudden I was a 4-5 time a week poster.
What to expect?
- Short posts. Long posts.
- More vlogs, I have missed getting in front of the camera lately!
- A few reviews here and there, perhaps a giveaway or two.
- I will definitely be writing from the heart–not that I don’t normally but when prompted I tend to leave it all out there.
- More pictures. I’ve been snapping away, but you wouldn’t know of it since my Saturday Snapshot series has taken an extended nap. Oops.
- If I can get my hubby to get up as early as I do, I might be able to get him to take pictures of my work attire and finally start that fashion series!
- Saturday AND Sunday posts. (nuff said)
Want to get in the action?
BlogHer hosts the month long event filled with everyday prompts and prize giveaways. Also it is a fantastic time to meet new bloggers through daily cross promotion on BlogHer.com. Don’t forget to search the #nablopomo hash tag on Twitter and Facebook.
Let’s do it!
With all of this said I would like to express my extreme excitement about the extra hour of sleep we are going to get this weekend. When I was younger I used to hate this time of year — but as a busy working mom of 2 with several businesses I would like to welcome this hour with open arms…thank you and Amen.