Besides if you can’t tell, I kind of love telling you guys everything.
1) When you started your blog over 2 years ago, were your goals for your blog the same or have they evolved?
Surprisingly enough, they have remained the same! I started this blog as a fitness junkie who had just lost 40 pounds but was pregnant (again) and having a difficult time staying still. I certainly have added things like event recaps, but at the core it remains the same.
2) Do you have a favorite post that you’ve ever written? Why that one?
That one time I cried at Zumba is still my ultimate favorite because I wrote it in a tornado of emotion only one hour after it happened. I felt so inspired and moved that the words flowed out of me freely and completely.
3) Whats the best advice that you received from a blog conference that you actually took, ran with it and saw great results?
Wow, this is a great question. I may have some controversy with this one but — the minute I took down the ads (which were making me pennies anyway) my blog income quadrupled. I learned this little tidbit at BBC Charlotte. I’m not even being dramatic–it was like I opened myself up for opportunities that I couldn’t even dream of. I took it down in June and I have had a very steady income increase…last month I matched my 9-5 paychecks. I’m not sure if this is the exact reason because I have done some serious overhauling in the way I blog, but–I do think the ad removal made a huge difference.
4) I know you are a Zumba instructor and you love fitness, do you have any advice you constantly give to moms who want to stay healthy?
Make time for yourself. It is so easy to get caught up in school activities, work activities, cleaning, homework–take one hour for yourself to get your cardio on. Your family will thank you.
5) How do you balance your love for baking and staying healthy? What’s your secret?
That is super easy. I am not a sweets person. My love for baking is in the craft. I love exact measurements. I love the decorating tools. I love colors and baking for special occasions. I never eat them–I take a bite or two to check consistency but I don’t crave cupcakes. (Salty things like French fries and potato chips are my weakness!) Baking is a very meditative process that requires focus, and I love doing it! I am not an artsy person, but creating these beauties brings out a very fun and detail oriented side of me. It just happens to be something I get paid for as well.
6) I know you hate chicken. What are your favorite foods BESIDES cupcakes? Lol!
Ha, cupcakes aren’t my favorite food, however I am a sucker for good home cooked Jamaican food. Since my family is from Jamaica it is all I know. It is also all I want, all the time. Smh.
7) Your boys are adorable. So far, what would you say has been the most difficult parenting challenge?
Thank you! I think my biggest parenting challenge has been realizing my kid is not perfect. My eldest boy is challenging to say the least. He is a sweet boy, for as sweet as he is, he is just as challenging. Learning how to manage him properly has been hard! Things are getting better as he gets older.
My favorite part of the day is when my kids see me for the first time when I am going to pick them up. They both drop what they are doing and run to me with a joy that never falters.
9) I know you recently got into makeup more. Do you have a favorite look so far?
Yeah girl, I’ve been a makeup junkie for about 2 years now. I love a super bright lip and some basic jet black eyeliner. It’s pretty much my everyday look!
10) This is one question that we often ask on Ask Away Friday and its whats in your purse/bag? You can take a picture and show us if you want too!
No mam, there will be no pictures! Besides for the past day I have been finding something pink and gooey all over the things I take out of my bag. I am too tired to investigate.
I generally have wipes (comes in handy for pink gooey stuffs), around 12 lipsticks–just in case, concealer, pens, writing notebook, wallet, tablet, biz cards, earrings, mirror, portable chargers, meds, mints, hand sanitizer, bobby pins, and keys.