When I was pregnant with my firstborn I hadn’t a clue what I was doing. No, really. I bought so many things that I thought were necessary. For example: a changing table, wipes warmer, an insane amount of bottles (over 20) and many many more things that I would learn that I didn’t need. When you are newly pregnant it is super hard to really know what you would need until you are in the trenches of childcare everyday.
One of those things that I didn’t do proper research on (unless proper research counts as checking Amazon.com reviews) was my car seat. Now before the car seat crazies start throwing tomatoes at me, I would like to say in my defense that if I’d known then what I know now, I would have been MUCH more selective of my first car seat. I bought an all in one stroller/car seat combo. Looking back, I wish I had done a bit more I research.
Last week I attended a Evenflo event at Blooming Nails & Spa, A gorgeous upscale nail salon with locations all over NYC. We came to learn about the new car seats that would be debuting this summer. This included the ProComfort protection series and the Sure Safe car seat series and let me tell you, both have some awesome features! More on that later.
5 Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Car Seat
1) According to a recent survey 80% of car seats are installed incorrectly. (Have you checked yours recently??)
2) Most car seats have a 6 year expiration date–and it’s not because they are old it’s because the technology of cars is so rapid that car seats designed for current vehicles may not work properly in the future.
3) If you are ever in a crash/accident with a car seat, dispose of it. Better to be safe than sorry!
4) Speaking of disposal if you ever have to get rid of a car seat cut the harnesses to prevent someone from finding it and reusing an old (and dangerous) car seat.
5) Do not buy used car seats! You never know what they have been through… You can’t exactly get the car facts on a car seat right?
Evenflo has two new amazing car seats that are coming out this summer. Evenflo’s main concern is to make the ride as comfortable as possible for the baby yet ultimately keeping them as safe as possible.
Evenflo’s Procomfort Symphony DLX All in one car seat
- Fits 5-110 pounds (the only car seat you would ever need!)
- Multi position recliner
- Gel matrix material that alleviates pressure points
- Installs with these amazing Sure latch connectors that makes installation a breeze (I loved this! These little connectors stay in the car so that you don’t have to bury your fingers in the cushions to find the latch! Genius!)
- Machine washable car seat pad & more
- Available exclusively at Target!
Evenflo’s SureSafe System (4 models)
- 5-110 pounds
- Multi position recliner (for sleeping baby)
- Quick connector latch equipped
- Buckle pockets that tuck the buckles away (preventing the metal from getting too warm and burning baby
- Side impact protection that significantly reduces in side impact crashes through advanced energy absorption
- … And more!
Knowing what know now, I definitely would have started out with one of these models. I am actually quite tempted to replace both of my car seats!
Guests of the event were treated to an amazing pedicure, lunch and even treats. I didn’t taste the cupcakes but they looked so good!
The nail tech did such a fantastic job on my pedicure, I left feeling like a new woman! There was even a really long foot massage. Plus the decor was beautiful and extremely tranquil. Since I was returning to work that day I was worried about messing up my pretty new toes by putting them back in my loafers. The tech came over and wrapped my toes in saran wrap! Say what?! Genius!!