Is there anything better than a yummy rice krispie treat? Check out these amazing 4th Of July Rice Krispie Treats!
One of my favorite treats to make for the kids is rice krispie treats. It’s so fun and easy and the kids can even help with the process. This recipe calls for the rice krispie treats to be made from scratch, but you can use store bought ones as well.
What makes rice krispie treats so awesome?
-They are easy to make
-You can add whatever you want to them
-They are portable
-They last forever (almost lol)
Seriously, what’s not to love?
This 4th of July Rice Krispie Treats recipe is the perfect way to show your patriotism. The red, white, and blue colors are so festive and they are sure to be a hit at any cookout or barbecue.
Looking for more July 4th treats to make for the kids?
What ingredients are in these Independence Day Treats?
½ cup butter
2 10-ounce packages mini marshmallows
1 12-ounce package rice cereal
1/3 cup red melting candy
1/3 cup blue melting candy
Patriotic sprinkles (mine were Great Value sprinkles from Wal-Mart)
Do you have to refrigerate rice krispie treats?
No, you don’t have to refrigerate rice krispie treats. However, if you want them to last a little longer, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge.
Can I use a different cereal?
Yes, you can use a different cereal. Just make sure it’s a similar size to the rice cereal.
What is the best way to cut rice krispie treats?
I find that using a sharp knife works best. You can also use a cookie cutter if you want to get really creative with your shapes.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for 4th Of July Rice Krispie Treats! If you try it, please let me know what you think in the comments below.
These homemade rice krispie treats are so good and easy to make for a July 4th celebration!
- ½ cup butter
- 2 10-ounce packages mini marshmallows
- 1 12-ounce package rice cereal
- 1/3 cup red melting candy
- 1/3 cup blue melting candy
- Patriotic sprinkles (mine were Great Value sprinkles from Wal-Mart)
- Melt the butter in a large stock pot over medium heat.
- When the butter is melted, add the marshmallows and cook until melted, stirring constantly.
- Remove the pan from heat when the marshmallows are fully melted. Add the cereal and stir until all the cereal is coated in marshmallows.
- Grease a 9x13 pan with nonstick cooking spray and spread the cereal mixture in an even layer in the pan. Press the cereal mixture into the pan until it becomes solid, then allow it to cool at room temperature for at least 2 hours.
- When the treats are completely cool, cut them into 30 small squares.
- Transfer the squares to a cooling rack. Place something underneath to catch drips (I used parchment paper).
- Melt the red and blue candy according to the package instructions and place them in piping bags. Drizzle each color over the top of the treats and immediately decorate with sprinkles.
- Allow the candy to cool and set completely before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 151Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 8mgSodium 101mgCarbohydrates 30gFiber 0gSugar 15gProtein 1g
Pin it for later!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to check out my Instagram Page for the latest posts!
Before you go, check out these great posts!
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!