If you are looking for a fun way to switch up taco night, try this Mexican Beef Rice Bowl! Made with easy ingredients, you will love this flavorful dish!
I absolutely love any kind of Mexican food. It’s so good! This recipe is great, it’s filled with fresh veggies, great protein and delicious seasoned rice!
What I love about it is that, like a taco, you can choose what you want to add to the bowl. I personally love every ingredient, but I know my picky middle child will likely not put the guacamole in the bowl.
But you know what? That’s okay! We all have our personal preferences and we can still eat together as a family. Plus, he loves eating the ingredients on their own or on their own plate.
When to serve this Mexican Beef Rice Bowl?
It’s a great meal and super easy to prepare on weeknights, so that is a great option. This is also great for a dinner party as the guests can choose what toppings they would like on their bowls.
I decided to create a Mexican Beef Rice Bowl because… well don’t those ingredients sound amazing together?! My hubby wasn’t in the mood for ground beef so he added grilled chicken instead!
Truth be told you don’t have to add meat at all, this could easily be a veggies and avocado rice bowl on its own because the rice is the main star!
What ingredients do you need for this yummy beef and guacamole rice bowl?
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
2 cups water
1 cup Jasmine Della Rice uncooked
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 onion (optional)
1/4 red pepper (optional)
2 1/2 cups water (modified by me)
1 (6.5 ounce) can tomato sauce
I have been making this recipe for years! This Mexican Style Beef Rice Bowl is a staple in this household and I have no doubt that you will love it too!
Enjoy and let me know how much you love this bowl!
Mexican Beef and Vegetable Rice Bowl
This amazing Mexican Beef and vegetable Rice Bowl is so great for taco tuesdays or anytime!
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup Jasmine Rice uncooked
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 onion (optional)
- 1/4 red pepper (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 (6.5 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Guacamole (store bought or homemade)
- Heat canola oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season oil with onion powder and garlic powder. Cook and stir rice in seasoned oil until rice is golden, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Pour water and tomato sauce over the rice; stir. Add thinly sliced peppers and onions (optional). Bring the mixture to a boil, cover the skillet, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the rice is tender, about 15 minutes. IMPORTANT: Keep stirring and add water if rice starts to stick. Taste rice at the 15 minute mark to see if it has fully cooked. If not, add small amounts of water and keep stirring.
- Place ground beef in skillet on medium heat, add 2 tablespoons taco seasoning until cooked. Once cooked, add more taco seasoning and salt and pepper to taste.
- Start with the base layer of rice, place cooked ground beef in the middle, top with one tablespoon of guacamole and a sprinkle of cheese. Wala! You have got a yummy Mexican rice bowl!
Amount Per Serving Calories 209Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 0mgSodium 191mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 2g
Pin it for later!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to check out my Instagram Page for the latest posts!
Before you go, check out these great posts!
Healthy Cilantro Chicken Lime Tacos
Easy Skinny Flatbread Taco Pizzas
Amazing Loaded Ground Beef Sheet Pan Nachos
Easy Nacho Bites: All The Nachos Flavor Without The Mess!
Instant Pot Taco Stuffed Baked Potatoes
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!