For some reason people tend to think that now that I am not working a full time job anymore that I have all the time in the world. The fact of the matter is that when you are working for yourself you care working harder than ever, longer hours and have less time than you ever did working in a traditional office.
I was a bit worried about how I would adapt my fitness to my new entrepreneurial life–It can be super easy to get caught up in the grind and the list of the million and one things on the to-do list. As an entrepreneur trying to build a profitable business while taking care a lot of the small details, fitness can tend to rank low on the daily necessity list.
5 Strategies To Use Fitness To Become A Better Entrepreneur
- Workout First Thing In The Morning: Make sure you add exercise to the top of your to-do list. Getting into a morning routine is not only good for you physically and mentally but it helps to get your creative ideas flowing as well! A good workout in the morning will help keep you more alert and focused throughout the day.
- Align your fitness goals with your business goals: When you own your own business you tend to set a lot of goals–you want to make a certain amount of money by the end of first quarter or sell a certain amount of product by the end of the month. A great way to go after your fitness goals is to have small manageable goals, lose two pounds in a month, eat less junk food. When you set your business goals for the month be sure to take some time and set those fitness goals as well!
- Workout at odd hours: One of the best parts of being an entrepreneur is that you make your own hours right? Use that to your best advantage. If you are a member of a gym, go during the non busy hours. For example, I go to the gym between 7am and 8:30am every morning. It is right after the morning rush and way before the lunch time peak. Find out which hours of the day work for you and maximize it!
- Treat it as a creative break: Sometimes creativity can be difficult to come by. If you must work while taking a break for fitness, treat it as a way to brainstorm new ideas. I have had many ideas come to me on a treadmill or a step machine. Keep a notepad handy though, I don’t want you to forget the good stuff!
- Use Fitness as a networking opportunity: Before we get ahead of ourselves, please DO NOT SELL YOUR BUSINESS/PRODUCT to people you workout with. 🙂 However, once you find a plac that you like to workout, whether its the gym, park, spin class, crossfit etc, you will naturally start to make friends. Take the time to meet new people (in a non sleazy salesperson way) and you never know who you might meet pumping iron. 😉
[clickToTweet tweet=”5 Easy Strategies To Use #Fitness To Become A Better #Entrepreneur #Mompreneur #NewYear” quote=”5 Easy Strategies To Use #Fitness To Become A Better #Entrepreneur #Mompreneur #NewYear” theme=”style2″]
What would you add to this list?